Chapter 1

5 hours until the great plague

   Ajax stepped onto a large incline. He and 4 other Mount Weather soldiers moved further into Trikru territory. The other 4 soldiers were Kyle, Chris, Ashley and Vera. Ajax was a marksman. Along with Chris. Kyle was a ranger and Ashley and Vera were newly trained marksmen.

   Ajax looked at Vera's white and pink skin tight suit. Her suit outlined her curvaceous figure. Ajax shook the straps of his backpack on his shoulders. Each of the squad members wore a similar suit and helmet that protected them from the toxic air left from the nuclear war that nearly wiped out humanity almost a century ago. Despite the radiation, Earth had healed and regrown its beautiful nature.

   Ajax stepped over a fallen tree as he followed Vera. Chris followed behind him. "We haven't seen any threats yet, but we shouldn't let our guard down."

   Vera glanced behind at Ajax and spoke in her natural British accent. "Agreed." Vera stopped making Ajax stop. "What's going on?"

   "Take five," Kyle said.

   Ajax sighed and laid his rifle down and leaned up against a large tree. Vera laid her rifle and bag down and kneeled on the ground next to Ajax. "The ground is beautiful, too bad we can't breathe its air."

   Vera looked at Ajax and then at Chris who was sitting down on a large rock. "Hopefully that will change," she said.

   Ajax watched as Kyle followed Ashley towards him and Vera. "Come on Ash, I said I'm sorry and I mean that. It didn't mean anything we just had sex," Kyle said.

   Ashley wore a black and pink suit that outlined her slim and short figure. "Just sex? You cheated on me Kyle… with my best friend!" Ashley snapped.

   Ashley shoved Kyle and then walked past Chris and stopped at an alone tree.

   "Sounds like you owe her more than an apology," Ajax said with his arms crossed.

   Kyle pointed his finger at Ajax. "Shut it Lockwood!" he growled.

   Suddenly an arrow impaled a tree right next to Kyle. "Everyone move!" Kyle barked as he shot his assault rifle toward the direction of the enemy fire.

   Ajax scrambled to grab his rifle. He ran behind Vera, and Chris, Kyle and Ashley ran behind him. Ajax halted when he saw a skeleton strung up in a tree. He snapped back and sprinted forward. A few minutes passed and the squad reached a creek. "Is everyone okay?" Ajax painted.

   "I think so," Chris said. He looked behind him. "Where's Kyle and Ashley."

   Vera glanced behind at Chris. "We lost 'em."

   An arrow flies past Chris and nearly hits Ajax. "Shit!" Ajax shouted. 4 Trikru warrior's rushed from the trees. They wore armor made of metal, cloth and bone. The three opened fire killing the four warriors. "There's gotta be more."

   Many footsteps echoed in front of them making Ajax step back waving his gun forward. "Chris get back!," he barked. As soon as Chris got next to him and Vera many warriors rushed from the woods into the small clearing.

   "Reloading!" Vera said as she ejected her clip.

   Ajax fired his rifle killing 3 warriors. As soon as Vera started firing again he ran out of ammo and had to reload. "Fall back!" he shouted. The three soldiers ran into the woods. Metal hitting trees And footsteps followed them. The squad made a sharp turn and ran for a few more minutes before making a stop as soon as the footsteps behind them ceased.

   Chris took cover behind a tree and Vera and Ajax took cover behind a natural slope. Ajax looked at Chris who nodded before opening fire at the final wave of warriors. One by one 15 more warriors fall dead.

   Chris sighed and stepped away from his tree and walked to Vera and Ajax. "Damn… wish I could wipe the sweat off my face," he laughed.

   Ajax and Vera both forced a chuckle. "Come on, we need to move before more come," Ajax said before he slid down the slope.

Thanks for reading, these chapters 7 is out on Archive and I'll slowly be updating the story also on Fan fiction. :)