Chapter 2

"I'll cover you!" Kyle said as she shot at the mass of warrior's killing and injuring 3. Kyle ran behind Ashley. The two stopped at the edge of a small cliff. Through his helmet Kyle looked at Ashley's Hazel green eyes. "I'm sorry Ash... I love you, and if I could change... I would." Kyle raised his rifle and fired at the warriors.

The warriors halted and staggered back right as the edge that Kyle and Ashley stood on broke.

Kyle opened his eyes, his limbs ached as he moved them. He got up and checked his suit for holes or scapes. He looked to his left and saw Ashley on her side. A piece of stone was on her. "Ash!" She cried as he rushed over to her and lifted the stone off her. He rolled her over onto her back.

Ashley opened her beautiful eyes and looked at Kyle. "Kyle?" she muttered. Kyle looked up, they had fallen beneath the ground into some kind of sinkhole. He looked to his right. 10 feet away was his rifle. A couple feet away from it was a female Trikru warrior. She was wearing leather armor with red paddings with long cape-like fabrics attached to it.

Kyle checked his hips for his pistol and grabbed it. He took a step forward. A sharp pain shit up his right leg. He raised his pistol at the warrior that laid on the cold ground. Kyle looked up and down at the warrior's slim figure. He froze as she started to move and groan. The warrior quickly got up and froze as she looked at Kyle and Ashley. The warrior had long dirty blond hair that was braided. She had black war paint around her hazel almond shaped eyes.

The warrior unsheathed her two swords and stared at Kyle who had his pistol aimed at her forehead. "Maunon," she mumbled.

"We can't understand you savages," Kyle said.

"We do speak warrior language," the warrior said. "Or English as you two would call it."

Kyle shifted his weight. "Doesn't matter you people are still savages!"

The warrior glanced at Ashley. "Your people started this conflict." She shifted her weight.

A sudden screech echoed from behind the three. "What the fuck was that!" Kyle asked as he took a glance behind him.

Ashley moved forward and looked behind. "I have a bad feeling," she said.

"If we want to get out of here we need to work together. I suggest a cease fire," the warrior suggested.

Kyle sighed and stepped back. "Try anything I'll kill you!" he threatened. "I'm Kyle and that's Ashley," he introduced.

"General Anya Kom Trikru," the warrior replied with a stern look.