Handymanshipping

Tracey

Tracey met Daisy through Misty, when she invited him to the Cerulean Gym.

The first time he saw the eldest Waterflower sister his heart skipped a beat.

He had only heard of Misty's sisters through her long rants over the phone, so he had a (less than appealing) idea of who they were — even though he had tried his best to remain neutral. But the first time he saw her, his fingers itched with the urge to sketch as he shook her hand. They didn't say anything beyond greetings before Misty came in and dragged him away, he found he couldn't stop thinking about her the whole visit.

He had to go back to Pallet Town eventually, and he finds himself drawing distracted sketches of Daisy when he's supposed to take notes. He can't help it. Usually when he's struck with inspiration, he sketches it down instantly. With Daisy he didn't get the time to do that, so it made sense why he couldn't get her out of his head.

That's what he told Gary anyway, when he caught him drawing a sketch of Daisy's face. Gary merely shakes his head, calls him an idiot, and sends him packing for Cerulean City before he can even blink.

Tracey's heart is beating unusually fast when he asks Daisy if he can sketch her, and a flattered, surprised, beautiful grin crosses her face (he immediately starts drawing it down).

They spend a lot of time together, and Tracey finds out he can't get enough of Daisy. They end up talking about everything under the sun, sharing secrets and sketches with each other. Tracey is fascinating and unlike anyone Daisy has ever dated. Daisy is much more that she appears, and Tracey wants to peel back every layer to see her true beauty (picture Jack and Rose from the Titanic. They definitely do the draw-me-like-one-of-your-French-girls when they start dating.)

Tracey feels denser than Ash when he realizes that the feelings he associated with sketching Daisy were actually for Daisy herself.

He stays around Cerulean City for a while, using the excuse of checking out the water Pokemon and helping with the plumbing so Misty doesn't get suspicious.

Misty is definitely suspicious of the way Tracey turns red whenever Daisy makes a flirtatious comment, or the way her sister seemed to brighten whenever she heard he was around or coming over. It took her a while to corner Tracey and demanded answers, but he finally admitted to it. Misty instantly accepts him, but she makes a show of threatening him if he hurts his sister.

(All of her sisters boyfriend's have to pass the "Misty Test". Misty refuses to be around douchebags (minus Gary) and to have to deal with her sisters crying after a failed date or broken heart. The Misty Test has scared off multiple suitors, but her older sisters are ultimately grateful despite their complaining of not as much boys around the house because of Misty's Gyrados.)

Daisy ends up asking him out because Tracey was too much of a coward. She laces their hands together, kisses his cheek, and tells him to pick her up at five.

Tracey ends up staying the night.

***

Gary is infinitely smug, and Professor Oak merely shakes his head with amusement.