Day 18

Paddy + Joelle

The three arrived at the small Christmas village of Rovaniemi, it had a few houses with lots of lights, Christmas trees covered in snow, sleds with huskies and reindeers crossing the paths and some people looking like elves entertaining the kids.

Here we are. Hope you enjoy your trip., the man said.

Thank you very much, have a nice Christmas.

No, problem. Enjoy the holidays., he waved and left again.

We made it!

And we're alive!, they hugged each other.

We need a place to stay.

Let's go to the tourist info.

They checked the local hotels and ended up choosing a hut for two, near a small pub. They got the keys and walked to the little house. A fireplace, a sofa with lots of blankets and pillows, a bedroom and a bathroom.

Hey, Jo?

Yes?

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have go out there alone, not knowing anything about the country. I just was so frustrated, I needed to clear my mind.

Oh, honey. Come here., she hugged him.

Who knows what would've happened if you didn't follow me, me out there alone.

I think you would've found a way. But at least we can spend Christmas eve in the one and only Christmas village.

Yeah, thank you. I love you., he kissed her.

I love you, too.

They sat on the sofa and warmed up under the furry blanket and only a few minutes later they fell asleep, after the stressful day.