Chapter 2: [ACT I] Where the Sun watches [2]

CHAPTER 2

[ACT I] Where the Sun watches [2]

・• ● •・

"Big Brother! You're back!" Shouted a white haired woman with all the excitement of a Labrador greeting its owner after a long day's work. Her golden eyes squeezing tight under her raised cheeks, she threw herself into the arms of the father and son, hitting them with such force that the trio nearly toppled over. And that was rather impressive as compared to the two men, the lady's stature was frankly miniscule. It was clear that her slender body held more power than in let on. But that was a given, because this lady was someone not to be trifled with:

It was the crown princess of Sol, Jegudiel.

Looking down at the face that was nearly a copy of his own, Luciel chuckled as he returned the hug, "good to see you my lovely sunshine~~"

He patted her on the back, having a moment with her before a shadow was cast over the three of them. With the sun blocked out suddenly, they raised their heads in unison, forming a rather silly sight for the one above. It was Estell, looking over them with her arms crossed, expression stuck in her signature blasé.

Seeing as they just stared at her blankly, a rare helpless expression appeared on the tall woman's face. Shaking her head Estell bent over, meeting the crown princess at eye level as she pointed at herself, "what about my hug?"

"Oop, sorry you are just so big, I did not know how to grab you." While Luciel and his son were tall, they were nothing compared to Estell who stood at nearly 3 meters. Of course such a height would be a bit overwhelming for someone nearly half the size. Jegudiel did not let that affect her very much though, grabbing onto the woman as if she were a giant teddy bear. "Come in here!"

"My pleasure." Murmured Estell, her turquoise lashes fluttering. Her words were dry as ever, but there was a fondness behind them that would be hard to hide.

And so another person was added to the family hug. Of course, Luciel was not very happy with this, giving Estell an eye roll from an angle his son and sister couldn't see.

After about thirty more seconds, he slipped out of the body pile, taking his son out too. He sighed, straightening their clothes and hair that got caught in the crossfire. He looked at his watch, giving the women two more minutes of catching up before he plucked Jegudiel out from her arms before she was smothered with Estell's affection and started walking to the castle, caring not for his wife's annoyance.

As they walked, Jegudiel looked them up and down, "You guys look super good together! I mean look at your little preppy outfits. Ohhh, how jealous I am right now!"

"Oh? I'm glad you noticed. These outfits are truly fine, are they not?" Huffed Luciel proudly, his face practically shining as his eyes curled. He was brimming with pride, his lips twitching as he struggled to hold in a stupid, silly grin. He was about to go out on a rant and show off his accomplishments like a peacock showing it's tail before his sister opened her lips.

"Did you make them yourself-- I hope not. Or are you still continuing with that useless hobby?" She's said, eyes innocent and full of concern. What she said was obviously not out of ill intent, it was just a mixture of worry and echoing of others sentiments.

Whilst keeping up his smile, Luciel frowned internally, the brightness in his eyes dimming out. You see, in his excitement in seeing his sister, he forgot. People did not really look kindly upon his passions-- they apparently weren't a fit for either a man or someone of his standing.