Chapter One

Summer. At last it was summer. I could finally leave my horrid home that is surrounded by skunks, bears, and rodents and go to Florida. Hopefully my parents will see how great it is and make us live there instead of here. This summer would also be the last year I see my brother Alex. He's going to Yale after summer. In some ways I'm not going to miss, after all he was annoying and rebelled against the family alot. But I have to thank him for one thing, bringing us on this trip.

It's the first time we will ever leave home. Well at least Alex's and my first time leaving the house. Our parents won't even let us go to regular school, only home school. We can't even swim. My mother's reasoning is that water should only be used for drinking, bathing, and cooking. Not for entertainment.

I know for a fact my parents don't want to go to Ocienana Florida. It is near the water and the hotel we are staying at is five feet from the beach. So we'll be seeing lot of marine life vs. what my parents want to see. A bunch of land animals. They are zoologists not marine biologists.

But I'm happy. This trip means that I am away from here and out exploring, well other places. There is only five more minutes until we go to the airport. Five more minutes of anxiety.