A Sea Viper

It felt like freedom

Up in the air on top of the biggest dragon known to man, the most fearless and dangerous. And Lucerys had claimed it.

Before the fall he could never see himself claiming The Cannibal, to scared to even think about it.

Now he couldn't see himself without him.

He named his dragon Rhaenal after the love of his life. Before he left Dragonstone before the fall, Rhaena was his comfort and his hearth. He was too young to love but she had been what he needed.

She boosted his confidence, they studied together and she always pushed him to open with her. Even if he was too shy and nervous to talk much to her.

He knew he needed to get back to the castle, after he left the Kingsguard had to have come soon and not only had he tore out Aemond's left eye he also severely damaged his right one or blinded him. He hoped for the latter.

He landed Rhaenal, parting his fearsome to instead engage in politicking.

He felt the connection with the Cannibal even as he entered Driftmark.

The guards lead the boy to where everyone was and all the noise in the room halted as he entered.

"Lucerys!" Rhaenyra ran up to him, cuddling him tightly. Although no one would ever say it out loud, since he he had been the youngest besides his newly born brother his mother always considered him her baby. Even if it was slightly and not as overt as Alicent with Helaena, he could always tell.

"Lucerys you will explain what happened now!" The King commanded.

Lucerys looked at his grandsire for the first time in years, he scanned the room and saw Otto, Alicent, Aegon, Aemond, Ser Criston Cole, Daemon, and all the other figures

"Aemond attacked us, he called us bastards. I had defend us."

"He brought a blade to the ambush, he intended the harm Aemond. Your son says they held him down!" Alicent shouted. He could see the insanity in her eyes even now.

He felt a new sort of confidence after claiming Rhaenal. Nothing could ruin it not even the greens and their futile attempts to persuade his grandsire. Nothing, and they wouldn't touch his mother. Alicent could keep up her rambling but as soon as she even tried to stab Rhaenyra he was going to show them why dragons shouldn't be trifled with.

"Is this true?" Viserys asked.

His mother looked at him, also expecting an answer.