Chapter 1: a poor soul

Ruby called you to bring her into your house since you were best friends, you knew her since she was little and eventually met her friends Cj, Vade, and...Mark. She was on her side of the bed that you and her used to have sleepovers at, Mark was happy to see you and her hanging out; even though he was her boyfriend, he was your friend as well and didn't mind you hanging out with her.

*Anyway back to the story*

Y/N: "Hey Ruby, you awake."

Ruby: "Yeah...I'm fine."

Y/N: "Well breakfast is getting ready, you coming?"

Ruby: "Umm...can you carry me there?"

Y/N: "I'd be glad to."

You politely carried Ruby out of bed down the stairs and into the living room where breakfast was getting ready and while you and Ruby were at the table you asked the main question.

Y/N: "Ruby, I just want to know why did you come here?"

Ruby: "Well...it had something to do with.."

Y/N: "With who?"

Ruby: "*sigh*...Mark"

Y/N: "Huh, what happened between you two?"

Ruby: "Well, he..he.."

Ruby was stammering in her words as you tried to calm her down

Y/N: "Ruby, what's wrong?"

Ruby: "It..it's nothing it's nothing!"

 she was hurriedly trying to get out of her chair and grab her phone until you stopped her from doing so

Y/N: "Ruby, look at me!"

Y/N: "Put the phone down."

You said firmly grabbing her shoulders as such she kindly obeyed you placing her phone on the table

Y/N: "Ok listen you gotta tell me what's going on. You told me to pick you up from marks house and you said this has something to do with him, so what happened last night between you and Mark!"

Y/N: "I'm not mad I just want to know."

Ruby started to shed tears as she placed her head up on your chest.

Ruby: "We broke up."

Ruby said hugging you while crying on your chest her tears starting to pour faster than water on a leaky faucet.

Y/N: "Why I thought it was going well?!"

Ruby: "Well..he said that our relationship wasn't working anymore and now...I...I"

Ruby started hugging your chest tightly while tearing up, even more, you start hugging her as well trying to calm her down.

Y/N: "Shh shh it's ok I'm sorry that things didn't work out with you and Mark."

Ruby: "*Sniff* I know...I just don't know what I did."

You were worried about Ruby while trying to find a way to cheer her up until you had an idea

Y/N: "Hey, why don't you stay with me we can try to work something out while we're at it."

Ruby: "Oh...ok thank you."

Ruby said wiping the tears off her face in hopes that things will get better soon, once she calmed down you carry her up the stairs and back into your room and placed her into bed after that you remember the locations where you and Ruby were at during childhood and decided to try that to make her happy.

Chapter 1 ends.