One

DOES ANYONE HAVE that one friend who gives the best hugs? Hugs that aren't loose but aren't tight? Are nice and warm

DOES ANYONE HAVE that one friend who gives the best hugs? Hugs that aren't loose but aren't tight? Are nice and warm. Genuine, full of love?

Those are the types of hugs Alanis Crawford gives. If you ever need cheering up, or a shoulder to cry on, just come to her and she'll make you feel better.

Some say she's like a koala. Koala's like giving hugs, Alanis likes giving hugs. The one thing she doesn't know is that so many people have hugged her and instantly felt a million times better.

She takes them out of their 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐲 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐚 of life, it's not just her hugs. It's her overall personality, how she treats people, her work ethic, just everything about her.

That's what attracts people to her. 

People like Preston Tien.

They've known each other all their life but once high school had come into the picture it started playing with Preston's feelings a bit.

He was just a nerdy magic loving boy, while Alanis was a smart, athletic, popular type of girl. None of that came in between their love for each other. They've figured out ways to make time for each other and themselves.

IT WAS JUST a typical day for Alanis. She got up at 6:30am, had some breakfast, fed her cats, said goodbye to her grandma, and waited for Preston at the bus stop. It's literally the same cycle every day.

The bus driver is a lunatic. She does multiple things at once, paints her nails, talks on the phone with her nephew, listens to audio books, and doesn't even hold the steering wheel while driving.

Preston and Alanis have agreed that the day they die will ultimately be on that bus.

Preston takes off his top hat and holds it in his lap, he turns to look at the blonde beside him who's clearly invested in watching the birds out the window.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Preston asks knocking Alanis out of her daze.

"What tiny hat I should get for Cleo." the magician chuckles twirling his hat around.

"You should get her a hat like mine. Then we can match."

Alanis laughs at him. "I already got a hat like that for Pixie."

"You're such a cat lady." the girl makes a sound in defense.

"I only have four cats. That's not a lot. Well, five if you count my neighbor's cat."

"Like I said, cat lady." this time Alanis laughs with him.

Maybe she is a cat lady, but it's not like it's a bad thing. Her cats bring her joy, and they keep her grandma company whilst Alanis is out of the house.