4| Hell With a Smell

MAJOR CHARACTER DEATH!!

Two Days Later

    Dead bodies. Everywhere. All over the floor. So many failed experiments, Braun thinks.

    "After years of trying..." Braun says to himself as he scrubs and scrubs the blood off the floor, neverminding the blood on the knife in his other hand and on his gloves. "I still cannot get you perfect.."

    The squeaking of the chlorox wipe against the tile floor is an annoying sound that pinches his head in all the wrong spots.

    An experiment had never failed this much before. His previous three experiments had already escaped and they were just as failed as the rest of them. Although, none of them had ever made it out of the laboratory before. This was simply just a fluke. He could track them down and get them back with ease, especially with Doctor Seans help, or so he thinks.

    But really, it was never going to be that easy.

    "Finally, done." He says, and throws the wipes in the trash can next to him. He slides off the gloves and washes the bloody knife in the sink, scrubbing vigorously to remove all the dark and glossy liquid from its shiny metal core. Nothing had ever gone this badly, especially when the test subject exploded upon impact, blood and guts flying everywhere. It was late into the evening, he had been cleaning for hours. Sean was in her room, unaware of the events occurring downstairs.

    He began shaking. Spazzing out, almost like a seizure. His eyes went glossy and he dropped the knife in the sink before collapsing on the ground. A voice was ringing in his head, and he suddenly began to worry that his eye was going to take over his body.

    "Wake up Kurt, I am in control now." It echoed.

    And now, he couldn't get up.

———

    "That rat bastard!" Connor screamed as he threw something into the wall, shattering and breaking on the floor. Topor only watched from the sidelines as he watched Connor go into an outrage. Not too long ago, they had woken up from a coma they had been put in from the use of their forms. Well, for Connor at least. It was his first time using it and he had gotten overwhelmed and injured so much that he passed out, and Braun needed to carry him to the lab infirmary. They were placed in their rooms not long after. Topor sustained an injury from being blown into the wall by his friend's transformation blast, and it was enough to knock him out. Thankfully, he was able to heal due to his shifting abilities, but the energy needed severely drained him.

    "Dude, calm down." Topor stated plainly.

    "No! He killed Nathan." Connor said through gritted teeth. He eventually stopped going into an outrage and his eyes returned back to his regular shade of green. He slumped down against the wall. "Now it's just us."

    "Look, we don't know if he is dead." Topor said. Connor looked up at him with a glint of hope in his eyes. "Since he's a shifter like us, he could just be healing right now. Chances are, he's in the same coma we were in."

    "Unlikely," Connor said without even thinking. "He got stabbed directly in the chest from that redhead kid."

    "I'm surprised there are more shifters." Topor said, crossing his arms. "Surely this kind of technology would be kept under wraps."

    "Exactly." Connor said, "So either other companies got ahold of the serum and used it, or Braun isn't the original creator."

    It seemed to shut Topor up for the time being. He simply just stared at the wall, almost like watching paint dry. The place needed a new paint job, so he was already doing it in hindsight.