7.

The rest of the afternoon the girls cleaned the house to calm the cravings, Rosé even went out to fix the garden to get fresh air.

Then they showered, each in their own room, got ready and looked at the clock from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. without making a sound. Lisa hadn't returned yet, since there were only the three of them left in that dense bubble.

- It would be better if we go looking for our bags, I'll go get the keys, don't forget to turn off the lights.

Rosé broke the silence between them and went to get her things and then went out to start the car and wait for Jisoo and Jennie.

18:35

18:45

- I'm sorry, we thought we heard something inside...

The blonde watched them from the mirror, didn't say anything, just drove off and they headed towards the police station.

The silence was uncomfortable, Jisoo was playing with her nails, she had broken a couple due to her nerves. Jennie still had that heaviness in her chest and she was afraid for Lisa, was that what she had almost every night? How awful. Rosé stared at the road with her mind blocked, she was only driving at a moderate speed.

When they finally arrived, after a couple of blocks, they quickly got off the car and entered the large building from where they called Rosé.

- Hello, good evening, can I help you with something?

An officer caught Rosé's attention and she untangled her tongue after a long time.

- Em yes, I'm Park Rosé, today at noon an officer contacted me to give us "news".

- Oh, I see...well, follow me, I'll check the register and I'll take you with him.

At all times they passed behind officer Kim, who entered three different offices, after the last one she came out with some papers.

- Very good, office 35, officer Park Chungho.

She gave them a smile, then disappeared and returned to her work. The girls went up to the second floor of the offices and began to search among all of them for the correct one, Jisoo pointed to the one with the 35 at the door, Jennie went ahead and knocked a couple of times.

- Yes?

The door opens revealing an officer at least six foot three, he seemed to be in his forties by his appearance.

- I'm Roseanne Park, you called me today to talk, along with my friends.

- Oh.

His smile disappeared to possess a completely serious countenance.

- Of course, well, before giving you the news, I will explain why we first give the news to you and not to other media.

- What do you mean?

The shorter ones raised an eyebrow in confusion.

- Follow me to floor 0, please, I'll explain on the way.

He came out closing while taking the lead with short steps and without seeing their faces.

- It is a very sensitive issue for the media, unfortunately it will be a scandal, as an officer, I am used to seeing cases like this every day.

They got into the elevator and he pressed a button to go down.

- But I have never seen such sad evidence, I suppose that after all, nobody has such a strong stomach.

They looked at him with terror, they did not understand what was happening and as they went down the atmosphere froze even more.

The doors opened revealing a long hallway.

- I'm sorry for the low temperature, it's to keep the bodies from decomposing.

Jennie began to tremble, comprehending nothing, she clung to Jisoo walking like a girl in a storm.

- Get to the point, we are not here to celebrate a birthday.

The officer kept pace, opening a few doors where empty stretchers lay there, completely clean except for one.

- Lisa Manoban, 23 years old, broken right ankle and arm, estimated to have fallen from a certain height, scratches on her abdomen present.

Jennie swore to see the light, Jisoo, broken, caught her.

- Cause of... she drowned, girls.

That was not possible, Rosé pulled the gray blanket, seeing her friend's body, stiff and cold, she wanted to get closer but the guard prevented her.

- It is forbidden to touch the bodies, your friend's is still evidence.

- It must be a bad joke...she was with us until today in the morning.

Rosé could not see anything among so many tears and the guard observed her for a moment.

- I'm afraid to tell you that your friend has been dead for days, I don't know what you're talking about, young lady, but she was found last night, once the autopsy was done and after a very long night of investigations, we contacted you, you better said, the company will receive the statement immediately, we do not contact her family because we recognize that she is not from here, we prefer that you, her closest family, call hers, it will be softer to hear your voices than that of an official who is used to this.

Jisoo was crying on the floor with Jennie in her hands unconscious.

- This is something that she had in her bag, which was found a few meters away.

It was a black journal, decorated with kitten stamps and some photos of what were their most valuable trips.

Trembling, Rosé opened it, the first pages were beautiful photos of everything they went through from the beginning, the friendship they forged, the meals they enjoyed. Her soul was breaking like thousands of crystals after receiving a strong kick. Suddenly the pages turned completely white, there was nothing anymore, except the final page, which she flipped to read it.

Since I was little, I was afraid to close my eyes, because I knew what was waiting for me, since I was little I went to therapy so that I could "understand" that this did not exist. Today, I am 23 years old and as time went by, each dream was worse, each moment in which the pressure was present in my chest, I understood that it was reaching me, she was not good, she is not. I was afraid to tell what was happening to me out of fear, I always saw the girls, sometimes so happy that I didn't want to embitter their smiles with my problems, and sometimes so tired that I didn't want to worry them even more. Even so they were my happiness, Jisoo hugged me at night, Jennie calmed me down laughing and Rosé, she took care of me when I needed her most, she was always that amulet of my happiness. At night that soul was looking for me, but they always saved me, I never believed in the existence of something good, until they arrived, because if I owe my life to someone, it is the three of them.
I knew that I wouldn't run forever and that not every night they would sense what was happening, one day it would catch me.

Rosé caressed the page with a broken smile, turned it over to continue reading.

If something were to happen to me, that they know what terrified me, that if something looked like me, it wasn't me, if something were to happen to me, let them remember me for who I was and for what I've come to in my life up to now.

The blonde closed the diary, which was soaked with her tears, went to her friends and hugged them tightly, even though Jennie had fainted, she knew that she would need that hug more than ever, just like her.

And that's where she got the answer from the beginning.

Rosé understood everything.