Chapter one

I knew about the museum's unique gift for about two years and it's the 10th day of those two years and I wish I never saw that slab in the loading docs. Because I don't want to say goodbye today. I will explain that later on though. "Grace!" I heard Teddy yell walking up to me, Larry not far behind. "Yes sir?" I asked quickly, shoving my log journal into my coat pocket. "Congrats you will be saving this museum by going to England," Teddy said, offering a handshake. "Pardon?" I said tilting my head a bit. "Teddy leave this to me." Larry said, "I never told her what happened yesterday night." He added. "What could have happened that already has happened? We work at a magical museum for god sake." I said. "Just come with me. Ahkmenrah will explain everything to you." Larry said. "You two better had been planning on telling me," I said as I placed my hand on my hip. "Yes, yes, now come on," Larry said, walking to the Egyptian exhibit. Me not too far behind. I saw Ahkmenrah standing in front of the tablet back faced us, "Alright, you two tell me what went on last night." I said Ahkmenrah jumping two inches into the air. As if I scared him out of his thoughts and turning around placing a hand on his chest. "Miss Locsin, please never scare me like that again," he said trying to calm himself for the jumpscare I gave him. "Sorry, pal, I didn't mean to scare ya." I said, "But still tell me what happened." Larry and Ahkmenrah looked at each other and then at me, "Well you promise you won't freak out?" Larry said "Promise." I said, "Well you see" Larry began to say, "What! The tablet looks like what is happening to it!" I tell, beginning to freak out. "You promise you won't freak out," Larry said looking at me. "How could I not freak out about this!" I shouted, throwing my hands up in the air. I began to ramble on about everything that went wrong and how bad this can be while I will begin to paste the floor. "Oh no," Larry said. "What is wrong?" Ahkmenrah asked, looking at Larry in confusion. "Her parents warned me about this, they say when she starts to freak out it causes her to break down, in some state of form we have just broken her." Larry said. "Can we fix her?" Ahkmenrah asked. After a few hours, I began to calm down. "Have you calmed down?" Larry asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine." I told them "So what's this have to do with England?" I asked. "That's where my mother and father are, he will know what to do about the corrosion that is happening to the tablet." Ahk had said. "So I and Larry are leaving to England with the tablet," I said, "He's coming with us so we can get inside the building along with Nick," Larry said. "You're dragging your son into this!" I shouted in disbelief at Larry. "I don't have any choice!" He yelled back. "Yes, you do! You could send him to live with his mother!" I yelled, Larry, walked up to me right to my face pointing at me and almost poking my face. "Don't tell me how to parent!" He screamed into my face. "Then don't be a bad parent! I yelled. "Maybe you should become a parent to figure out how to parent!" Larry said, jabbing at my collarbone. Ahkmenrah got in between us putting a hand on our chests. "Stop with the bickering!" He shouted, making it go quiet for a while. "Umm Ahk," I said, "Yes, what is it?" Ahkmenrah said, looking into my eyes. "Your hand is on my breast…" I said. Larry looked at me gobsmacked, while Ahk squinted his eyes slightly looking at me trying to process what I meant. We stood there in awkward silence, his eyes went wide, and jerked his hand away from my chest, almost clipping Larry's chin with his elbow. "I am so sorry Grace I didn't realize." Ahk had said with nervousness in his voice. "It's alright, you didn't know," I said. "So Larry, when are we exactly leaving for England?" I added. "Tomorrow at five-fifty pm," Larry told me. "Great When I get home I will get stuff ready for tomorrow then." I said. I can already tell that it will be an adventure and a half.