Chapter : 1

"Silence is the most powerful scream." - Anonymous
Frosted glass , rains and loneliness.
I let out a laugh , dry laugh , painted with pain and tinted with memories , it's dark , too dark , darker than the darkest.
It's fear , not the fear of dead but the fear of the living soul within me.
Insane , right insane , folks do tag me with that , but my past is labyrinth of melancholy , I'm stuck in. I was sick of finding my way out so I let my soul diffuse in the darkness hiding behind the shadows of fate.
I'm not scared of devils , even the devil was once an angel.
All I'm scared of is HUMANS.
"Gwenny,"
"Honey," Daddy pulled me out of my dark trance.

This man , Raymond Hutchinson, is the last string of my very existence. Man of my love .My dad.
"Babe," he knocked

"Co-ming" I sprayed some water on my face and raced out to open the door.

"Gwen," a familiar , feminine , husky voice strike my ears and I instantly shudder.

The dark entity behind daddy shifts a little , revealing her silhouette in the moon light.
The night sky was awash in light , a crescent dominant amongst the stars , lucent sky. And suddenly all of it makes sense.
I searched for the voice inside me , but it was dead.

"Corpse , phantom and insane." It slipped out of me as a whisper.

Her lips curled at the edge a little , maybe she tried to speak but my dad turned and jabbed her shoulders , I could sense the darkness radiating off her .
Dad switched on the main gate lights , and she , well was in all her glory , ditto as ever .
Long brown locks with hints of black , thin as myself , hazel eyes and hideous scar on the right side of her forehead . she had her feet slipped in high heeled boots , a jean skirt ending right below her knees and a stark black top , the hem of it just ending an inch above her navel and tickling her pale bare skin.

"Merissa," my dad had his voice all strict and stern

"We don't have forever for your shit , so spit out whatever you want in a jiffy and take your ass off my house."

"Oh , honey , language , eh?" Merissa tried to touch Dad's chest but he slapped her hand away.

"Ow,baby," she puts a fake frown.

"Merissa." Dad yells

She smiles and continuous ,
"Gwen , it's time for you to sacrifice something you've an authority on," her voice suddenly becomes all formal-like , but it's so sharp , it's brushed my ears like a razor blade .

"It's a tradition you can't deny , what will you sacrifice for lord Cronus?" Her eyes bore into mine , like she was trying to unravel my thoughts.

I knew something crazy like this was coming . I let out a profound sigh before answering , but I'm not a coward , scared of this witch-bitch.

"You," I said , fingers crossed , hoping it was all loud .

She was perplexed , mad even.
"How dare you , lady?" Her voice frosted my blood .

"Look , umm , Merissa , since I'm your child , child of a witch of the darkest powers , and if you remember the prophecy, I'm the dictator of your fate." Woaah ! I was all confident .

Whatever little color she had on her face , drained in seconds. Ha ! Checkmate bitch.

"A month for the festival , and mark my words Gwen Hutchinson , I'll pave the way to your deadliest fate."

Before she could say a syllable more , she was officially kicked out of the house by Dad.

"Smartass," Dad gave me a gaiety grin