Chapter: 2

Too many acquaintances for a day , I brushed my flossy fingers down my throat just to pause at the scar that'll never heal with meds , the dark knot of the darkest fears.

I sulked into the cafeteria cot , shutting my eyelids I try to find a speck of peace in the bleak life of mine , instead I hear someone bumping into the cot next to me.

To my pleasure it was our very own Adrian O'Brien.

I squinted at him ,

"Need something?"

He passed me a crook smile.

"I wrote an ode , needed someone to review it , since you're the only girl who doesn't olge at me like vulture."

I scanned the cafeteria , okay , we were the prima spot light holders of high school cafeteria.

"Kay , show." I say to him.

Lesser the drama , the worst the show.

He pulled out a paper out of his pocket , unfolded it and passed it to me , he had this ultra huge smile plastered all the time.

I took the paper and it read :

Roses are red;

Violets are blue.

I don't care;

So fuck you.

Shit! Shit , shit , shit , shit ,shit.

"If somewhere on earth I ever find fairy godmother , I'll ask her to fulfil my one and only one wish , to fucking kill you."

"Hey , Hutchinson girl you're demotivating an amateur artist," He says with a scowl.

"I feel like chopping you into pieces , coating with tar and serving it to pigs , Adrian."

He shot his eyebrows but then setting them low and creasing them a little.

"That was real gross , but why would pigs eat very sexy flesh of Adrian O'Brien coated with tar ?"

I put my head in my palms and shake it hopelessly.

I hear a low chuckle , picking volume and I hear another chuckle unite his and turn into a full fledged laughter and to my surprise that voice belonged to no one but ME.

This was next to impossible , Is doomsday near ?

I clutch my stomach , filling my mouth with a crème muffin .

I look up at Adrian who was staring at my lips like it belonged to Kyle Jenner.

He lifted his hand and brushed his index finger against my bottom lip , and in a jiffy his finger was on the tissue with a residual speck of crème. Hewasfuckingwipingoffthatspeckofcrème.

Out of nowhere Dad came into the scene with a decent smile , dressed precisely like a typical headmaster.

"Sir," Adrian greeted dad lifting up , to which he nodded in return.

I got off the cot and hugged dad , he didn't let me free , instead lay one hand on my waist and with other tucked my bangs behind my ears , I lay my head on his right shoulder and lean against his right side. No boyfriend embrace can be as cozy as his.

"Did I just hear my darling laugh?" He pecked my forehead.