2

"Whenever you're ready," Harry spoke.

I nodded at his words, "Okay this is a song I wrote called medicine, it's not really done yet so if you want me to do something else i can-"

"Just play the song," Harry interrupted

I cleared my throat and adjusted my guitar strap on my shoulder.

Dont fucking mess this up Presley.

I started strumming a specific beat,

                                         Here to take my medicine
                                                    Take my medicine
                                      Treat you like a gentleman

I sang along.

The song continued for about a minute and a half but eventually my strumming and singing came to a stop.

The band was all looking at each other, smirks on their mouths. Then there sat Harry, his face straight and his eyes empty.

Then he finally spoke, "Well we appreciate you for auditioning but-"

"Let us talk really quick, babe. You can go rest in the main room," Elin interrupted.

I nodded, "Perfect, thank you," I collected my things and walked out, setting my things down by the couch and following the signs down the hallway to the bathroom. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I shut the door behind me.

"It's fine Presley, you did your best and if that's not good enough for them then that's okay," I calmed myself down as I shook out my hands.

Words ran through my mind like a race car.

God I can't believe it's Harry.

Would I even want to be in a band with him?

Does he even remember me?

Am I overreacting about this?

Why hasn't he said anything?

Why did I play that stupid fucking song-

My thoughts are interrupted by a tap on the door.

My eyebrows furrowed as I walked over to the large gray metal door and twisted its handle.

As the door opened my eyes rose to see Harry standing on the opposing wall.

"So you just couldn't resist yourself, huh? Had to come back to see me again?" He spoke, his voice deep and hoarse, slowly he lifted himself off the wall, stepping closer to me.

"Harry, I swear if I knew that it was your-" I rambled.

His chuckle stopped my words, "God, I've missed you, Presley. I can't believe it's been over a year since we saw each other last, if you're still thinking about me then I sure made a good ass impression, although so did you." The mouth that was blank and flat just a few minutes ago now had a smirk in its place. "Did you miss me, baby?"

I shook my head and dropped it into my hands for a second before raising it to speak to him, "I'm not your baby, Harry."

He leaned against the door frame, only a good half a foot next to me at most. "Ouch, I didn't come here to be insulted, love." His smirk faded, and his eyes that were once green were now dark, "I came here to tell you that the band insists that you come to the rehearsal tonight," He grabbed my phone out of my hands, putting it up to my face to unlock it, opening my notes app and typing in an address, "Here's my address, come if you want. But don't get excited about getting in the band, because it's not happening, I won't allow my work life and personal life to mend," He rolled his eyes as he handed the phone back to me.