Kill the Ogre

Some time had passed.

Gaster was accomodating himself rather decently. The atmosphere was quite nice, and everyone here was welcoming too. Of course, he did get overwhelmed by excited Tatsumi and Leone after his "test", but those were just some minor inconveniences, if you could even call it a bother that is.

During his stay here, he started learning about the world more and more. Obviously, he had to figure the reasoning behind the existence of such an organisation called "The Night Raid". He knew better than anyone to not believe everything that he's told. And according to others in the group, this world indeed was Kill or Be Killed.

He had to listen to propagandas from the members of this group, not taking rash steps on accepting their doings right away, but after Tatsumi's story about his reasons for coming to the capital, the pieces of the puzzle were all falling in their place.

The Empire was suffering from corruption. Poverty, racism, and political disputes were not a rare sight to behold.
According to the others, the root of the corruption wasn't the Emperor of this nation, but rather the prime minister. He heard that The Prime Minister was the one openly pulling the strings, manipulating the very young emperor.
If he understood it correctly, then even the emperor himself was chosen by the minister and his manipulations, all for him to have the absolute power over the entire empire through the young and inexperienced ruler.
This was the ultimate goal of The Night Raid - to rid the empire of its corruption by cutting off its source. And there was no other way of doing this than murdering to remake.

Soon, he would be able to partake in the assassination of the Empire's important figures, as well.

"Everyone, meet up!" - Najenda shouted, her voice tone signifying the gravity of the situation.

"This might be our first chance of finally doing a good deed! Come on, Mr. Gaster!" - Tatsumi ran ahead towards the meeting place then turned back towards Gaster, waiting for him.

Suppose partaking in one assassination should give me preferable amount of information about their goal.

"Alright."

Gaster walked towards Tatsumi without a rush, calmly following him to the meeting place.

Slowly, everyone made their way towards the meeting room. Najenda did a quick headcount to make sure everyone was present and started explaining.

"Today, we have two targets - An oil merchant by the name Gamal, and a big shot from the Imperial Army, Ogre. According to the intel I got, Gamal has been committing crimes, but after each one committed, he would meet up with Ogre in a private location and bribe him. And Ogre always accepts the bribe, putting the blame on innocent civilians. On the info I gathered, Gamal doesn't seem to have important matters to attend today, so he will most likely stay indoors after evening. Leone, Akame, I task you with locating Gamal and assassinating him after he goes inside."

"Got it," - The mentioned people responded.

"As for Ogre, he must be at his usual place at the bar. We must lure him outside and do the job hidden from bystanders."

After a second, Tatsumi spoke up.

"I think I can handle this."

"Is that so? - Najenda asked, - In that case, this will be a perfect first test for you. Very well then. Gaster, you shall accompany Tatsumi and step in if anything is out of control."

"Understood."

"Does anyone have any questions? - Najenda asked, waited for 5 seconds and continued, - Alright, may you all return alive. Dismissed!"