Prologue

??? POV

"Are you sure he's ready? He's still so young." I said as I watched (y/n) blast through twenty six-inch thick steel plates in a single shot, "We're sure, his abilities are level-4 at least, but we're still going to have to field test him." My boss said, suddenly a devious grin formed on his face, "We'll have him kill the 4th ranked level-5, Mugino Shizuri!" he laughed.

(y/n) POV

I was given the task of killing a woman named Mugino Shizuri. Apparently, our abilities are similar, but my ability is more advanced than hers. "So you're the one I'm supposed to work with?" a woman said, "Who are you?" I asked as I looked over at her.

 "So you're the one I'm supposed to work with?" a woman said, "Who are you?" I asked as I looked over at her

"The name is Yuna, Yuna Mitsuzuri. I'm a level-4 teleporter. I can easily teleport us as well as objects." she said.

We went to Academy City and finding my target was simple enough after that. I stalked my target and when the moment felt right I fired my Atom Destroyer at her head, but she deflected my blast with her own! "So you're not a perverted kid following me. You wanted to kill me with that blast. Too bad you didn't, 'cause now I'm mad and you won't live long enough to regret attacking me!" she said as she glared back at me.

 Too bad you didn't, 'cause now I'm mad and you won't live long enough to regret attacking me!" she said as she glared back at me

"Now die." she said as she fired at me with her ability, "I was going to say the same to you." I said as I moved my head to avoid getting shot and created a shield to block the other three beams, "So four is your limit? How pathetic." I said as I generated ten orbs, "W-What!" she said as I blasted her, but she blocked them in the same way I did, "FREEZE!" several men shouted, "Looks like you're in trouble kiddo, Anti-skill is here for ya." Mugino said, "SHUT UP!" I shouted as I fired my blasts wildly with little care for who or what was hit, "Do not interfere." I said coldly as I threw my goggles away, "I'll kill you and everyone within a hundred kilometers of this blast!" I said psychotically as I began gathering massive amounts of electrons, "Particle...Cannon!" I said, but as I fired my attack I found myself on my back firing into the air.

Mugino POV

The kid was about to fire his attack, but someone teleported him so he fired into the air! A beam of pitch-black energy nearly 5 meters wide filled the sky! His ability was way too similar to mine and was more developed in terms of output than mine! If I had to rank him, he'd be the 2nd-rank level-5, but I get the feeling that's lowballing his abilities. "We're leaving! You failed your mission!" a woman said as she grabbed the kid and teleported away. "Hm, so his name is (y/n)? I wanna find out more before I face him again." I said as I looked at his discarded goggles.

(y/n) POV

"Welcome back. Did you complete your mission?" a woman asked as I looked over at her.

"MOTHER!" I said happily as I ran to her and hugged her, "I couldn't kill Mugino Shizuri, Yuna got in my way!" I said, "Oh my sweet boy

"MOTHER!" I said happily as I ran to her and hugged her, "I couldn't kill Mugino Shizuri, Yuna got in my way!" I said, "Oh my sweet boy." Mother said as she petted me, "Hey I got permission to take you home with me, go get cleaned up and we can get going." she said sweetly. 

Yuna POV

"So you're his mother?" I asked as I watched (y/n) run to get cleaned up and changed, "No, I'm his handler. His seeing me as his mother comes from how long we've been together. I've known him since he was born. Oh, where are my manners, I'm Amase Shota, but you can just call me Ama." Ama said, "So if not you, then where's his mom? Or his dad for that matter?" I asked making her expression turn dark.

(y/n) POV

Mother took me home with her, I like going to her house. It rarely happens, but when it does I always have fun and feel really happy. "(y/n) this will be the last time you'll come here." Mother said, "W-Why? Did I do something wrong?" I asked sadly, "No, not at all." she said as she knelt and hugged me, "You're gonna run away tonight. I want you to go to Academy City." she said, "Will you come with me?" I asked, "No, not this time kiddo." she said with a warm smile, "Mother what's going on? You're scaring me!" I said, "Sweetie, I'm not your mother. Your real mother is Mugino Shizuri, the woman you were meant to kill." she said, "N-No! You're my mommy! No one else!" I demanded, "Oh my sweet boy, I wish I was your mother. I wish I could've saved you sooner." she said as she began to cry, "I love you, my sweet boy, now go the guards watching us are already dead." she said as she forced me to leave. 

I had just left the building and crossed the street when the building exploded! "MOMMY!" I cried before a second explosion rang out knocking me back. Tears streamed down my face and I began the long journey to Academy City.

I finally made it to Academy City and I knew exactly how to get her attention, all I had to do was fire my Particle Cannon into the air again, but this time I used less than .1% of the maximum output. and after an hour she showed up. "So you came back. I was hoping for a rematch, (y/n)." Mugino said as she tossed my goggles at me. I looked at them and broke down into tears.