Chapter 1

5.12.2021

Technically they were alone, but with Taehyung being in the other room Jeongguk hardly considered it alone, he was working on a painting for a friend when Jimin calls his name.

So focused on his painting Jeongguk barely hums back but luckily for him, Jimin heard him "so...I've been thinking and I was wondering if maybe you... Well.." He pauses and lets out a sigh "will you go out with me?" Jimin asks.

Jeongguk almost isn't listening, the words registering with a delay and before he's understood what Jimin has said Jimin is rambling, his gaze planted on the floor "I mean.. Well it's not like you have to I was.. Well I l-" "I'll go out with you hyung" Jeongguk assures.

Jimin stops, eyes wide as he looks up from the floor and at Jeongguk "really?" He asks with a small smile and Jeongguk looks over at him before he nods, he's not sure why Jimin excepts him to say no, they aren't complete strangers.

"Okay" Jimin takes a breath "sorry I really need to finish this.. So let's talk more about it later yeah?" Jeongguk asks his hand just an inch away from the canvas and Jimin nods "go ahead".

He sees Jimin lay back on his bed before he looks back at the painting "I'm so happy" he hears Jimin mutter and even though he's confused it makes him smile and he makes a mental note to ask Jimin about it when he can focus on what Jimin is saying.

So he continues his painting and after a second Taehyung walks in with a plate of snacks "how long until you finish Guk?" Taehyung asks as he sits next to Jimin.

"Not long hyung" Jeongguk answers bringing his paintbrush down to the paint palette to pick up some paint before he brings it back to the canvas, he continues to paint in silence for a couple of seconds before Jimin and Taehyung begin talking and Jeongguk has no idea what about.

It's only when he's done for the day that he puts the paintbrush down and takes a look at his work, a smile instantly making its way to his lips "it's beautiful Jeongguk" he hears Jimin say and his smile grows "thanks".

He goes to the bathroom where he washes his hands before he heads back to his bedroom where Jimin and Taehyung are, he joins them on the bed beside Taehyung, by then at least ⅓ of the snacks are gone and Jimin leaning against the headboard of his bed.

Taehyung is also on his phone with his headphones in as he's watching something while Jimin seems to be reading something "what show is this?" Jeongguk asks as he takes a piece of chocolate from the plate.

"Alchemy of souls, season two is coming out soon and Jimin says it's so good" Taehyung explains "is it?" Jeongguk looks over at Jimin who is now looking at him, Jimin nods and Jeongguk looks back at Taehyung's phone to watch with him.

"Jeongguk you should watch from the beginning this is episode 7" Jimin says leaning off the headboard "I'll watch it later then" Jeongguk says "come, I'll play the trailer for you" Jimin motions for Jeongguk to sit next to him and Jeongguk does.

Jimin opens the trailer on his phone and hands the device to Jeongguk who watches the trailer closely, and Jimin watches Jeongguk.

It's only when it's finished that Jeongguk looks up at Jimin "I should watch it" he says and Jimin nods.

10.12.2021

It's been more than three days since then and Jeongguk is a little confused as to why Jimin hasn't said anything about them going out, he's excepted Jimin to ask him when he's free.

But he figures that Jimin has been waiting for him and sends him a message.

It's a little awkward he feels as he's never really messaged Jimin much but Jimin responds extremely quickly.

Jeongguk puts his phone down this will be the first time he's hung out with Jimin alone, he's a little nervous, but he tries not to think about it as the day goes on, and eventually today fades into tomorrow

It's around 6 pm when Jeongguk is letting Jimin into his apartment greeting him with a "hey" he waves lightly and he knew it would be awkward but it doesn't stop him from hating that it actually is awkward.

"Hey" Jimin slowly enters the apartment, he starts taking off his shoes while Jeongguk closes the front door, once Jimin's shoes are off they head to the living room where Jimin sits on the couch and Jeongguk heads to the open kitchen.

"I brought some snacks earlier.. Should I open them later or now?" Jeongguk asks "you can open them later, do you want me to get the tv set up?" Jimin asks standing up and Jeongguk shakes his head.

"It's okay I'll do it, he says he heads to his room when he gets the laptop, he searches for the show and then connects it to the tv then he quickly grabs the bag of snacks from in the counter and sits next to Jimin.

"Stop after 3 episodes?" Jeongguk asks and Jimin nods then Jeongguk presses play and the show starts.

꙳▸𝓑𝓮 𝓶𝔂 𝓫𝓸𝔂𝓯𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓭? ◂꙳

It's halfway through the first episode that they open their snacks and halfway through the second that Jeongguk feels Jimin stretch a hand behind him at first he thinks Jimin might be getting something but Jimin rests his hand on Jeongguk's shoulder.

Not wanting to stop watching he doesn't say anything and just lets Jimin's arm rest on his shoulder it's only when episode two ends and episode 3 begins that Jeongguk starts to feel Jimin's hand playing with the hair at the bottom of his neck.

Taehyung does that to Jeongguk sometimes so Jeongguk just thinks Jimin must feel very comfortable right now, he doesn't say anything about it because it feels nice and he doesn't necessarily have a problem with it.

He sits back a little and Jimin's hand pushes further into his hair and he doesn't move them back down, instead his hand goes from playing with Jeongguk's hair to gently stroking it or running his fingers through the parts his hand is buried in.

And his eyes are still pointed at the tv and Jeongguk doesn't say anything he just enjoys the feeling and continues watching along with Jimin.

-..To be continued...-