Chapter 1 - Induction

Sock Monkey Heist
(based on dream dec 9 22)

In order to do a heist, I, a shape shifter, have to infiltrate and keep a look out in this home. I snuck in through the vents and am about to descend onto the top bunk of a bed. The boy is about 17, a year younger than myself and kind of cute.

What do I do, they need the intel soon. I guess um... sock monkey? Everyone has one of them. Ok so sock monkey, stay very still but I can comfortably lean myself on this beam and watch him play video games I guess. A wall of windows behind the TV. HIm in his light colored jeans and sleeveless white shirt. Sun shining into the room in the mid afternoon. I guess this is a typical Saturday?

This is a comfortable bed. I need to be closer though so when he leaves the room I can fall down on that red doughnut seat. Huh, that is some interesting decor. Has he noticed me? 'Oh it must be something my mom put in here' Looks like he's getting ready to go out for a while by throwing on a new shirt. Pale yellow button up, open of course. Seems to be a bit of a broody but free spirit.

Ok, down on the red doughnut. I love the texture of this. Pretty firm but squishy and malleable. I can still lean on that beam for it to make sense of why I'm upright (visualized actual body curled up in the unique bean bag) Ok he has come back in after a while. Good I was bored and wondering how long I have to stay in this form. Oh no he's getting dressed after his shower. I guess I should lean into gravity and fall back so I don't watch. Not like I can close my eyes in this form. Oh, he has a lounge area under the bed to read in. A slouchy black mini-sofa. He really does like squishy seating yet he sits on the floor to play video games.

Why is he suddenly leaning over me? His face in mine now, hand wrapped around my cheek and behind my head. Does he know? Can he see my eyes widening? Oh no he's going to use me as a practice to make out on? His lips feel odd on my fabric skin. Must - maintain - form - for - mission. He's looking into my eyes strangely. He shouldn't see my eyes widening, right? I'm going to have to show him my true form sometime... aren't I. Standing up he looks again at me strangely. Is this his intuition? Sensing my soul in some twisted fate anomaly? No, girl, you have to get it together 'that's not how life works' besides you're here because there is something precious to steal!!!

He sighs and shakes his head at himself. "Get a real girlfriend, can't you Teddy?"
I can only imagine the thoughts in his head. Does he feel lonely or inadequate or just curious? Hormonally bored? I guess I'll end up finding out while I stake this place out. It could make sitting here forever more interesting. Luckily he doesn't have any siblings that would rip me up. Oh no wait, they don't have a dog do they? Oh no why did I choose this form again. Now I realize how vulnerable I am. Why did they make me the one to steak out this room. I hope no one is staking out the bathroom. Would I feel jealous? I'll have to reconvene with the others in the middle of the night.