Chapter 3-Encounter

Ugh... My head... My whole body hurts... Raven moaned as she slowly got up from bed...a bed that wasn't hers, a room that wasn't hers, a house that wasn't hers.

Where am I? Have I gone to heaven? No... This doesn't look like paradise. Why am I here...

She got up and started wandering around. Scouring the place and checking for clues of where she is. Before she got to find anything, she heard the front door's knob rattle.

Someone's coming!

Raven panicked and picked up a knife from the kitchen counter and hid behind it. She has remembered Hector's words by heart now.

If you ever need to defend yourself, use anything that is close to you but remember it's best if it's sharp and easy to grab.

She waited until the footsteps stopped right in front of the counter. Then, she stood up and threw the knife right between the person's eyes.

"W-what..." It was a man. A man with beautiful brown hair and emerald green eyes, he looked over 6 feet.

He was stunning. And somehow the knife thought so too because for some reason, it stopped right before it hit his eyes. It was floating in the air, like it was admiring his beauty. Then, it was thrown onto the counter immediately by some invisible force.

Though his looks were ravishing ,he still kidnapped Raven.

"Who the hell are you? What are you? Why am I here? What do you want with me?" Raven screamed as she continued to throw anything her hands can grab off the counter at the man.

But no matter how hard or fast she threw them, they all seem to avoid him. Even though they were aimed directly at him. He walked forward, smiling.

"Stay back! I can fight! Don't test me!" She protested. That did not stop him, instead, it seemed to have encouraged him. She threw a punch on his left cheek and he took it. Now his face is facing the wall and his cheek is facing her.

The man turned back at her. He wasn't smiling much anymore, but his left cheek was completely fine. Raven was backed to the corner of the counter. The man's head hovering over her.

Raven felt like her heart was about to explode from fear. "Please don't hurt me! I want to die my own way!" She screamed, using her arms to block him and shut her eyes.

The man stopped smiling completely. "Excuse me?" The man asked,flabbergasted and confused. "I wasn't planning to kill you, darling. What do you take me for? A monster?"

"What? Why did you kidnap me then?" Raven answered with another question. "Sweetheart, you were the one that fell on me. I brought you here and took care of you. Shouldn't you be grateful?"

"Fell on you? What? You and I should be dead by now if I did!"

The man chuckled. "I'm an eminence, love. A little impact like that doesn't hurt me. And you falling on me, reduced your impact too, but you still obtained some injuries. You aren't an eminence, are you darling ?"

That's right. I forgot eminence existed.They are power users. I've only seen very few of them in this city, that's why. But he could've just brought me to a hospital, so why didn't he?

"If you already realized that I'm just a normal civilian,why didn't you bring me to the hospital? Why here? Why are you going through all these troubles just to take care of me? Sounds really suspicious!"