chapter 1

"What about this one?" Stefan asked, Sadie glanced over and stared blankly at the ugly useless lipgloss in his hand. "No," She shook her head and wrinkled her nose, "That one is ugly bugly."

Stefan wanted to sigh. Sadie wanted to roll her eyes. "Look, Stefan-" Sadie began, "Stay here. I'll go look over there."

Before stefan could argue, Sadie had wandered off. Stefan shook his head, continuing to look for other things on their shopping list.

Finally alone, Sadie searched the shelves until she found it. The most beautiful lipgloss ever. It sparkles under the fluorescent store lighting. She grinned and headed towards the counter.

Her smile faded as she realised who was behind the counter. Jacob. Jacob had been Sadie's childhood best friend before she moved away from her home town.

Before Sadie could say a word Jacob got out a dish and a little black tree that almost resembled incense. Jacob began burning it to ashes in the dish and simultaneously scribbles down a message on a blank piece of paper. He handed it to Sadie.

It read: "The rumours about me aren't true."

When Sadie's gaze met Jacob's, he finally spoke. "You need to tell everybody in your new town."

Sadie growled and chucked the dish at Jacob. "Bossy boots.. Maybe I would if you had called at least once in the year I've been gone!" Sadie paused, "But like.. the way you write is kinda sexy. Bye Jacob."

Then Sadie walked back to her boyfriend, Stefan.