Bingo

You flipped your hair over your shoulder sassily as you moved towards a table at the very back of The Poop Cafè. Your friend, Venus, was already waiting for you at the table.

"What took you so long?" Your friend questioned.

"Some crazy person was blocking the train doors while twerking, so no one could get out. Took a while for someone to intervene." You responded.

Venus nodded her head in understanding and beckoned you to sit beside her. You elegantly seated your rump on the toilet-themed seat and crossed your legs. Venus turned her head to face you.

"Are you still on for tonight?"

Oh yeah. Tonight. Venus had been talking nonstop about a bingo game that was going to be held tonight for the past few weeks. She was convinced that you had agreed to go with her and her dad, but you knew that wasn't true.

"Yeah, whatever." Even though you hadn't agreed, you knew Venus wouldn't let you hear the end of it if you didn't arrive, so you decided to bite the bullet. 

"I can't wait! We're gonna kick all these old people's asses!" Venus was ecstatic. 

After that, you and Venus talked about which of your professors you loved and which ones you hated, the papers that you had due, and your marks so far. Once you ran out of school talk, you started speaking about other mundane things, ranging from your favorite movie at the moment, to a new gym membership you were looking forward to.

Once you finished your conversation with Venus, and you were both ready to head home, you excused yourself and moved to get out of your seat. 

The walk home was a cold one. In the small town that you lived in, the temperature had already dropped to the negatives. To avoid freezing to death before you reached 21, you quickened your pace and hoped that you'd get home before your limbs began to feel numb.