Episode 2

via dramabeans

Now I think they named this show pretty well, because it's all about giving you the warm fuzzies at every turn. Warm and Cozy isn't fast-paced and there's no central conflict beyond two young people trying to find their way in life, but it's full of such sweet, lovable characters that it makes you feel good while watching it. The second episode rounds out our main characters and brings the heroine down to Jeju Island so that small town hijinks—and romance—can properly ensue.

SONG OF THE DAY

K.Will – "Thank U" for the Warm and Cozy OST [ Download ]

EPISODE 2 RECAP

After being dumped by her two-timing ex-boyfriend and laid off via phone call, Jung-joo focuses all her anger on washing the horse dung out of her shoes, so lost in thought that she doesn't notice Gun-woo picking it up downstream.

He walks over and contemplates her for a moment before plopping the shoe down at her side, then announces that he was going to leave without her until he remembered that he got a beauty salon coupon for his birthday, which is also her birthday.

He offers to make her dinner too, but Jung-joo warns that she's in no mood to celebrate—she's so angry right now that she might misdirect all her spite towards him. Gun-woo rolls with that and offers to be her punching bag as a birthday present, and when she doesn't hit him, he extends his arms and changes his tack: "If you need comfort, then I'll be your teddy bear. You can hug me if you want." Um, WANT.

Jung-joo is startled by that, and reminds him that she hasn't changed in ten years—she isn't the type to turn down empty offers or feel bad about it. Gun-woo counters that he isn't the type to make empty offers—he means everything he says... "It's just that the shelf life on that sincerity is short." Heh.

They head back to his restaurant Warm and Cozy where he starts cooking up a meal for her, and he looks a little plaintive as he points out the bottle of pills and maps she left in his car earlier. We know they're mints, but he doesn't.

His sole employee Poong-san assumes that she's the Mok Ji-won, the first love that Gun-woo rushed to Seoul to see. They introduce themselves and he thinks it odd that Jung-joo insists on cleaning because she feels uncomfortable eating for free.

Just then, another customer comes in with a couple in tow, chatting away about how this is a good restaurant. Jung-joo freezes when she sees that it's her cousin Jung-min with his girlfriend, and runs after them swinging her purse wildly like a weapon.

They run and run and run, finally stopping when they're all too tired to keep up the chase. Jung-joo wants to know what he did with her apartment money, and he says he already put it down on the new house.

He points to the dilapidated monstrosity behind her repeating that it's a fixer-upper, and she assumes he must be mistaken. Her friend peeps, "It looks more houselike on the inside." Sure, houselike about three generations ago.

Jung-joo steps inside to find weeds growing out of the floor, and the doors crumbling around her—literally, as one falls on top of her head. She finally lets her anger out and screeeeaams, and her cousin scurries away like the coward that he is.

Gun-woo has followed her here and learns about the house deal from the town's real estate agent Gong Jung-bae. They watch from a distance as Jung-joo cries out by the ocean, and Jung-bae tells him that the cousin is headed to Brazil soon to work with coffee. That gives Gun-woo a chance to curse him out using non-swear swears.