Level 1 "Habitable Zone"

》Safe》Secure》Minimal Entity Count

Level 1 is the 2nd level of the Backrooms.

The first known image of Level 1.

Description

Level 1 is a massive warehouse with concrete floors and walls, exposed rebar, dim fluorescent lights placed on the walls and a low-hanging fog with no discernible source. The fog often coalesces into condensation, forming puddles on the floor in inconsistent areas. Unlike , this level possesses a consistent supply of water and electricity, which allows indefinite habitation by wanderers providing that appropriate precautions are taken. It is also far more expansive, possessing staircases, elevators, isolated rooms, and hallways.

The fluorescent lights at any time can flicker and turn off for minutes or even hours. When this occurs, hostile entities may appear. These entities rarely attack in groups and tend to avoid light. If the lights turn off, It is strongly advised to try and navigate your steps, Try and avoid any strange noises and then find a room, Make sure to bring a light source with you.

A hallway of Level 1.

Crates of supplies appear and disappear randomly within the Level, often containing a mixture of vital items (food, Almond Water, batteries, tarps, weaponry, clothing, medical supplies) and nonsensical objects (assorted car parts, boxes of crayons, used syringes, partially burned paper, live mice, mice in a catatonic state that have been injected with unknown substances, shoelaces, loose change, bundles of human hair). The crates should be approached with caution due to their contents, but are a valuable resource.

In addition, crude paintings and drawings with no apparent origin or meaning appear on the walls and floors. They are known to change in appearance and disappear when not in direct line of sight or when unlit. The light fixtures within Level 1 are prone to flicker and fail at inconsistent intervals; when this occurs, supplies are liable to vanish inexplicably and hostile entities may appear unexpectedly. These entities rarely attack in groups, and tend to avoid light and large gatherings of people. It is advised to carry a reliable light source and sleep holding whatever items you do not wish to lose.

Level 1 also serves as the entrance to .

Entities

Beings typically lurk in Level 1, especially when the lights are off. Known beings on Level 1 include Dullers, adult Facelings, Hounds, Skin-Stealers, and Scratchers.

Colonies and Outposts

There are currently eight known colonies and outposts in Level 1. It should be noted that attempting to meet up with these colonies will prove extremely difficult, as the Backrooms stretch out for millions of miles. Some of them may not exist now; some might have not existed at all.

•The Raiders, recently discovered group, with a expected number of 68 members; 

•They are mostly friendly with regular travelers and are willing to trade, but will shoot down members of certain groups; 

•Currently, they're not very strong; (so they got knocked out after being suspected of making an alliance with the Partygoers during Operation End-party) 

•Apparently, their main objective is to eradicate every big group in the backrooms, claiming that adding corruption or politics into the backrooms would make it a even worse place. They plan to get bigger and bigger by stealing and taking over colonies and outposts. This however failed when they tried to steal Outpost Funtime. Although recounts don't show this, a camera footage has been found. 60 Raiders were killed in this incident. This led to to believe that they were making an alliance with the Partygoers so they were recently destroyed in the Battle of Midtown.