chapter 6

It was morning when Yeonjun woke up to get ready for the lecture he had later

It was morning when Yeonjun woke up to get ready for the lecture he had later. The house was quiet, not a single sound could be heard. It was probably because Taehyun was still asleep and Yeonjun had no idea if it was a good thing or not. He had been wanting to speak to him since the previous day, but at the same time, he was hesitant as their last conversation wasn't that pleasant. If he wanted to talk to him, he'd probably have to apologize first for his vulgar words and actions. Yeonjun didn't actually regret what he did or said, but deep down he wished he hadn't gone so far.

He sighed heavily and got out of his bathroom, putting on his white shirt and black pants before heading downstairs. The house seemed much brighter than it usually did at seven in the morning, the sunlight shining through all the curtains making them glow.

He took in a deep breath when he reached the living room, but was surprised when he saw the grey-haired boy sitting at the table on the couch and holding some papers while wandering his eyes over them. He wore dark skinny jeans with a simple black shirt, his hair messy and unbrushed yet still looking so nice to see.

Taehyun turned his head towards him when he heard the sound of footsteps, his expression hardening at the sight of him. He quickly put his pen on the papers and folded them carefully before standing up straight and turning around, so he could go to his room and do his homework there instead.

Yeonjun gently caught his arm before Taehyun could exit the living room. Taehyun's eyes were cold and his expression harsh as they traveled to him, and Yeonjun knew that this was going to be hard, but he still had to try.

"Can we talk?"

Taehyun frowned. "What do you want?" His voice sounded even more irritated. "Maybe you should talk to your one-night stands instead because I've got nothing to tell you."

He pulled his hand away from Yeonjun's grip and pushed past him, bumping against his shoulder on his way out. He was clearly angry, Yeonjun realized. Angry and hurt, but the fact that Taehyun talked to him like a jealous boyfriend did something to his stomach. It felt like butterflies and fire, all of it burning him from the inside out. Yeonjun hated feeling this way, he really did, but right now he just couldn’t help himself.

His day at the university was boring as always. The lectures were monotonous and the students bored him to tears, but it wasn't like he could stop attending them either if he wanted good grades, so his family would be proud of him. After he was done, he tried calling Jungkook, curious whether he was free later or not, but it went straight to voicemail, so he let it go after trying to call again three times. That only made him feel worse because he really needed someone to talk to.

On his break, he headed for the cafeteria alone to get lunch, and once he got there he noticed how crowded it was, but he still found an empty spot for himself. Most students were eating quietly by themselves, not bothering others while some had friends that they hung out with and sometimes even laughed and chatted. Yeonjun was all alone at his table when he walked to it with his lunch in his hands and sat on the chair. He made himself comfortable and grabbed his phone, so he could scroll his Instagram while eating his lunch. He was glad he could be by himself for some time, with no one bothering him, however, that was soon interrupted when his gaze accidentally fell on the grey-haired boy whose back was facing him and the male sitting before him who gave Yeonjun an evil smirk when the latter locked eyes with him, giving him the impression that he was staring right into his soul.