Chapter 1- Lost Video Game

Mordecai's POV:
"MORDECAI! RIGBY! GET BACK TO WORK!!!" Benson, our boss, yelled at Rigby and I as we turned the TV off. "Gosh, why is Benson such a jerk?" Rigby asked me. "I don't know, but if we want a paycheck and to not get yelled at again, I guess we'd better go rake the leaves and mow the lawn."

As we walked to the shed, we spotted Pops smiling and laughing at a butterfly. "Pops is so weird." Rigby said and I nodded in agreement.

Just then we heard a loud noise which sounded like a loud car and some yelling. We turned around and saw Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost driving the golf cart, while swerving and laughing like maniacs. Rigby and I suddenly dove off the sidewalk to avoid getting hit by them. "Watch where you're going!" I shouted as they sped off, ignoring me.

We finally made it to the shed without getting ran over and opened the door. I grabbed the lawn mower and Rigby grabbed the rake. "What's that?" Rigby asked and I looked over to where he was pointing. He was pointing at an old video game, like the one you'd find at an arcade. "I don't know, just some old junk. Come on, Rigby, we need to start on our jobs before Benson yells at us again."

"Hold on." Rigby said and pulled a dusty old tarp that halfway covered the game."

"Woah! Look at this!" Rigby exclaimed

"Yeah, Rigby, like I said it's just an old game."

"It's not just any game," Rigby said, "it's Pac-Man!"

"Um... Okay. What's so great about that?" I asked, getting upset because I wanted to get to work so we didn't get fired.

"It's Pac-Man, dude! Come on, let's play it!"

"No Rigby! We need to get to work!"

Of course Rigby ignored me and plugged the game in. To my surprise, the game actually came on, and Rigby began to play it. Rigby started mashing buttons and won the game.

He began to play it again and I said, "Rigby, if you don't want to work and you just want to sit here and play that stupid game, then be my guest. I'm going to go mow the lawn so I don't get fired."

Rigby was too distracted by the game to respond, so I just walked out of the shed with the lawn mower and began mowing the lawn.
------------------------------------------------------
About an hour and a half later, I finished mowing the lawn and came back to the shed to put the lawn mower up. Rigby was STILL playing that video game, which didn't surprise me. He then angrily shouted, "AHHHRRRRG!" And began stomping his feet like a little kid throwing a fit.

"Dude, what the heck is wrong with you?" I asked and he began playing again, without answering me. He lost again and this time punched the screen. And when he did, his fist WENT THROUGH THE SCREEN. "Woah..." Rigby said as he slowly pulled his fist back out. Then he put his entire arm in the screen, and then without warning, he jumped in the game!

"Rigby?!" I called. I walked over to the game and put my arm in to the screen just like Rigby had. I then jumped in and I couldn't see anything. It was pitch black. "Rigby?!!" I said, and it echoed for a few seconds. "RIGBY?!!!" I shouted again. Again, there was no response, and all I could hear was the echoing. Suddenly, I began to fall.

To be continued...