Chapter 5

Cara rounded the corner and she was amazed at the sight before her. A waterfall was crsahing over the side of a shallow cliff and a rainbow was inches above the spray. She hesitated for a minute, remembering Quata.

Well, why not?

Her thoughts prompted.

She's not here, is she?

So she took off her shoes and began to run towards the water. She started splashing and laughing, so hard it hurt. She hadn't had this much fun in, well... EVER! "I'm never ever going home with Quata again!" She declared as she did a cannon ball. "Wheeeeeee!" She screamed as she went over the waterfall. This was followed by laughter. BANG!

Suddenly a loud noise came from the woods behind her. The girl tripped over her own feet, terrified. "Who's there?!" A voice said. "M-m-my n-n-name is c-c-Cara." "Oh, you're a girl then." "Y-yeah, I'm a girl. I would think that's a little obvious." "Is it now?" He said with slight suspicion."Yes sir."She said with trembling legs. "Thanks for being the flatterer, but I'm no older than you are." "You a... wait a second, how did you know how old I am?" "Well.." All of a sudden the voice took a younger tone, "I kind of guessed, but I think I guessed right." "How so?" She asked, this time it was her turn to be suspicion."Well.....you seem younger and you don't sound like an adult. Not that you sound like a baby or anything." Cara giggled. This boy was unlike anything she had ever seen. He was kind of shy when it came right down to it. "Thank you" she said. She started to walk away towards the far woods, opposite to where he was. " Hey where are you going? Do you wanna go eat? I know a great hunting area.

Wow! 

She thought,

These guys are way more primitive than I thought! They hunt for food.

But hungry as she was, she accepted. She was starting to really like this guy and was really hoping he felt the same.