11

Weekends were like the light at the end of the tunnel for Jennie

Weekends were like the light at the end of the tunnel for Jennie. For Rosé, it was the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. The week had passed smoothly, despite Rosé's confession which hadn't been brought up since, but certainly hadn't been forgotten. It was like an unspoken, invisible tension hanging between them. They were the same as always, but in a way, they weren't.

"Hi Jen!" Rosé exclaimed over the phone very early on Saturday morning. Jennie winced and pulled the phone away from her ear before replying.

"Morning to you too." She replied groggily, rubbing her eyes lazily. "R, it's like nine in the morning, on a Saturday." Jennie groaned the last word, knowing it wouldn't affect Rosé's enthusiasm whatsoever. The girl was just a constant ball of energy.

"Sorry. It's just my parents are going out soon and they asked if I was doing anything so they could drop me off, and I'm bored and you're not doing anything anyway. So.. I was thinking we could like, go to the mall or whatever you want. I- I could come over, but I get it if you don't want me to if your mom's home-"

Jennie tuned out, falling back asleep after the first long winded sentence. When she heard a silence from the phone, she pulled it back to her ear, rolling over on her side. She really didn't want to leave the warmth of her bed, then a random thought struck her, falling from her mouth before she could realise she'd said it out loud.

"Lets have a sleepover." She said, registering her words when she heard an elated squeal of excitement on the other end of the phone. Seriously, a sleepover? What am I, five? She thought, shaking her head at her childish choice of words. She was just lucky she'd only been talking to Rosé, possibly the only person who wouldn't notice her slip.

"Yours or mine?" Rosé shot, sounding way too excited for this hour of the morning. Jennie rolled her eyes, but couldn't suppress a smile.

"Yours. I'll drive over later, k?" Jennie replied, trying to sound sweet through her unattractive morning grunt of a voice.

"Ok!" Rosé replied, bouncing up and down. They hadn't had a proper sleepover in like, ever. "I'll buy lollies and popcorn and we can watch movies and stay up all night." And Cuddle. Rosé added in her head with a whimsical smile.

"Sure, Rosie." Jennie yawned. "Now let me sleep!" She half joked.

Rosé pouted over the phone. "I wish I was there." She said, unabashed. Unaware that Jennie was blushing furiously on the other end. She could believe Rosé could make something like that sound so sweet and innocent. She on the other hand, had a dirtier mind.

"Mmm, well too bad. Guess I'll just have to go back to sleep, unless you can think of any ways to wake me up." She whispered suggestively so that the implication wouldn't pass her by.

"Jennn.." Rosé whined. "That's not fair." She complained, wanting nothing more than to be on the other side of Jennie's bed, or even more so, on top of her.