Alls Fair in Love and Field Hockey

The game was officially over, but we still got to play the short corner out. My team was losing by one point, this was our chance to tie the game. I was at the top of the circle with the rest of the forwards and mids. 

"We can do this." I said, confident. 

My mouthguard caused my words to be sort of intelligible, but my teammates were used to it. We all had gotten used to mouthguard speech over the years. One by one, they nodded. Our faces were grim as we waited for the refferee to blow the whistle. It came up to his lips, I trembled in anticipation. Shrilly, the whistle pierced our ears and our hitter whacked the ball. It came towards me and I stopped it outside the circle. Parents were screaming, I'm sure Coach was having a heart attack as I dribbled the ball towards the goal. A girl rushed towards me, trying to jab the ball. I did a spin move and dodged her, laughing. I was in my element. I looked to my friend, Jen, she had a better shot than me at the moment. My stick hit the ball with a crack and I ran to post when I saw she had stopped it. She drove it towards the goal, it was just a little off and time ceased as I reached out with my stick. I barely tipped it in the right direction at the last moment. It went over the line and I my heart leaped. 

My teammates swarmed me and we cheered in ectasy. Coach ran towards us, her hat flying in the air. 

"We did it!" Jen shouted, "We tied Heart City!" 

The Heart City team reluctantly shook hands with us. They were at least happy that they didn't lose, but they had wanted that win. We all murmured good game as they passed us one by one. I stepped away from the celebrating to cool off.

"You scored the goal, right?" 

I turned around, my eyes met with a man's cool green eyes. 

"I'm Addison Paxton." I said, still smiling over our victory. I reached my hand out and he took it.

He smirked, "I know." 

I lifted an eyebrow, "And how would you know that, what are you, a stalker?"

The man laughed and shook his head. He started to walk off towards the parking lot. 

"Hey, wait a minute!" I shouted frantically, "Can't I at least know who you are?!" 

"Look in your hand!" He called over his shoulder.

I opened my hand, there was a business card inside. 

Need a Coach? Call 1-800-RENT-A-COACH!

Coach Jessie Ford, Field Hockey.

(714) 658-9345, Call my Cell if you have a position open.

I turned the card over, there was a hand-written note scrawled on it.

Looks like you're gonna need a new coach from the looks of your present one.

-Jessie Ford

*******************************************************************************************************

Man, I seriously fail lol.