chapter 3

He retrieved a gun as he shoved me behind him in a protective stance . "I'm sorry but I don't need a man to protect me," I said as I slowly removed my heels and I broke into a jog running back to the hall only to find my father clutching onto my brother as he coughed out blood .The shooter was still on the loose and I found myself going after him. I tore my dress and I leapt running over the wall as I quickly threw a blade towards his thigh but he still ran and I had to  jump and lock my legs around his neck making the two of us fall in a thud and while struggling with him something pierced my neck and my mind became flooded I shakingly plunged a blade into his chest and I tried getting up but there was no strength left in me as I tried getting up to face the man before me as he kicked me several times and the metallic taste of blood filled my mouth and the last thing in sight was Jacques shooting him .

I woke up with a ringing pain in my head as I felt some pain on my abdomen as I tried sitting up. "You should be resting Milano," Jacques said as he helped me lay back down. "I can't sleep while my brother hasn't been avenged yet , I can't sleep until I have the head of the person behind it ." I groaned as I sat up heaving slowly as I realized that I didn't have my dress on and I quickly shot him a harsh look "I had one of the nurses change your outfit ." he said with a smirk, I took one of my knives and I couldn't wait to behead whoever messed with my family. Picking up my stuff my phone rang as an unknown number popped up on the screen.