Behind the mask-Bloodhound x reader

*yeah let's get started with my favorite recon(both are non binary) TW: MENTIONS OF DEATH*

     Bloodhound Pov

     There was a new legend in the games. They are from my planet, Talos. I have only ever met them once when I was young but, that is because Artur never allowed outsiders into our village.

     The only reason they were allowed into our village was because, them and their mother were hungry and lost. So, Artur, being the kind man he was, allowed them to stay.

     They were quite fun to play with and we would talk about what we wanted to do when we grew up. I really thought I made a friend. But, then, our village was attacked and their mother was killed. They were taken away and I was not able to save them. One winter later, Artur died.

     Y/n: Hey, Hound.

     I was snapped out of my thoughts by my old friend.

     Y/n: Were you always this much of a sulk? Come here and give me a hug.

     Their arms were stretched out by their sides. I was hesitant because it had been so long, but their short, light, blue hair and emerald green eyes calmed me. So, I wrapped my arms around their body and hugged them. They hugged back, and we stayed like that for a moment before something hit me. I pushed them away with my hands on their shoulders, "How did you know it was me?" I asked them. They smiled, "I'd recognize that stance any where." They said. It only then came to me.

     *flashback(SFTO BLOODHOUND)*

     Y/n: So, Bloodhound, what are you going to do when you are older?

     I stood to my feet and crossed my arm over my chest.

     Bloodhound: I want to be the hero of my village and stand tall and proud like this.

     Y/n's eyes beamed at the sight of me standing this way.

     Y/n: Cool, you will look to awesome!

     They said as the clenched their fist and held it up, "What do you want to be when you grow up, Y/n?" I asked my friend, who was sitting on their knees before me in the snow. They stood up and clenched their fist the same way they did a moment ago, "I want to travel all through the outlands, and save those in need!" They beamed with pride.

     *end of flashback*

     I smiled underneath my mask. They asked if they could treat me at the bar, I protested but they insisted I stop being such a downer and enjoy myself. I wanted to punch them but there was not much I could do to stop them, they were always very persistent even at a young age.

     *a few hours and a few beers later*

     Y/n Pov

     I missed taking with Bloodhound this much. When we were kids, they could talk for hours non-stop on how amazing their uncle was. Unfortunately, they would not be able to marvel him for much longer, I heard about what happened to Artur one winter after I was taken.

      But I found unnecessary to bring up such a sad moment at a time like this. Bloodhound is happy, and if their happy: I'm happy.

     531 words

     part two coming soon