Chapter One

It was Survivor Series: Wargames. 

Boston, Massachusetts; TD Garden Arena.

Angel Ray vs. Bianca Belair for the Smackdown Women's Championship

After a tumultuous rivalry, Belair was back for what was once hers. And she wasn't going down without a fight. She'd dominated the match since the signal of the bell, using her powerhouse skills to wear down her opponent. 

Just when Angel picked up some heat, Bianca slammed her against the canvas, knocking the wind out of her. 

The former champ found herself more and more frustrated as Angel kicked out of every pin. 

Thirty minutes into the match and the two finally came face-to-face, exchanging blows. Angel started gaining momentum, kneeing her in the gut and Irish whipping her into the ropes. 

Their two minds merged simultaneously as they exchanged a brutal clothesline.

Angie slid out of the ring, lying on the ground in a desperate need to recoup. The crowd's screams drowned out as she thought about her career.

Two-thousand-twenty-two had been one of the best highs of career. No, it wasn't her first time as Smackdown Women's Champion, but the WWE Universe had taken so well to her new persona. 

She was Angel Ray, "The People's Angel." Even wore white to further play into her innocent, baby-face, yet loyal, brave and hardworking attitude. 

Angel could already feel the ache setting into her bones. She was beyond exhausted, but she wasn't ready to give up her title, not just yet. 

"Angel Ray!" the crowd begin to cheer. "Angel Ray! Angel Ray!"

She took a deep breath as the screams fueled her like a match to a flame. 

The crowd grew more excited as she slowly climbed to her feet. Belair was inside, her back turned, as she pulled herself up by the ropes. 

Angel quickly slid into the ring, waiting for her to turn around. She readied for a forearm smash, but Belair countered with a knee to the gut, setting her up for the Kiss of Death. She flailed like a fish out of water, until Bianca had no choice but to put her down stumbling a bit.

Angel put all her strength into a forearm smash that laid Belair out while also leaving her stumbling against the ropes in relief. 

The fans start screaming at her and she realizes she's got an opening. 

As Belair started getting up, Angel climbed to the top rope, anticipating her finishing move: a Tornado DDT, aka, The Flying Angel. 

As soon as Belair turned around, Angel flew, hitting her with a perfect DDT and quickly going for the pin.

1, 2, 3!

*Ding-ding-ding*

"Here is your winner and still the Smackdown Women's Champion: Angel Ray!"

Angel laid next to Belair, catching her breath with a wide smile on her face. She stood to her feet, stumbling a bit as the ref handed her title belt. She slowly rose her championship high, basking in the cheers of her fans. 

----------

Angie was always quiet after a title match. Just because she was so thankful of how far she'd come in her career. She was thirty-two years old and could was still relevant in the industry. WWE had gone through so many changes since the pandemic, and it was so easy to get put on the back burner. She gave her all in every opportunity that she was given to step inside the ring.