The Unvisible Light

Snake Mitsuki x Prince Boruto

Kingdom AU

Contains +18 scenes

Total: 25.700 words

Please make comments and give votes!

'The Kingdom of the Fire was the most powerful kingdom in the world and it's King, Naruto, was the mightiest person in the world. His Queen, Hinata, was the most beautiful woman in all the land. When they were born, their beloved country was under attack by the evil snake, Orochimaru. After a great war, in which all great kingdom's joined against the evil snake, they won. Armies of the Kingdoms banished him and his all cognates to the Underground. He and his cognates would never be able to see the sunshine again. It was a happy ending for all of the Kingdoms, except the Kingdom of the Fire. Their happiness was incomplete until their first child, the crown prince, Boruto, was born. The crown prince who shone as bright as the sun itself.'

Mitsuki, the little snake who was born in the Underground after the war, grew up listening to this story over and over again all of his life. He's always hated the Underground where he was deprived of sunlight, but he knew he must not leave his home. This was the only option for him and his cognates in order to keep everyone safe. There was nothing to do because they had lost the war. They were imprisoned here, in a city of darkness... in the depts of the underground.

"Mitsuki!"

Mitsuki turned his head to the direction which the sound came from.

"Log..."

"What are you doing here? It's almost time for the gate's opening."

Log sat down next to Mitsuki and wrapped his arm around his little brother's shoulder.

"Nothing..."

"You are a terrible liar Mitsuki."

Mitsuki stayed silent for a while. This was his favorite point in all underground. There was a gate that opened the upper world, which was sealed by King of the Fire himself. The gate was always opened regularly by the guardians

"Log, are we really monsters?"

It was Log's turn to be silent now. He didn't want to answer Mitsuki's question because he didn't know what to say. All of the stories said that they were monsters, but Log knew what happened because his parent, Orochimaru, told everything to him.

"Of course we're not."

"Then why did we start a war for no reason? The guardians always say that we are blood-thristy monsters."

Mitsuki's inquiry was logical.

"If...If we aren't blood-thirsty monsters...why can't we live in the upper world like humans do?"

"..."

Mitsuki's eyes were glued to the gate that separated their world and the human world, even while he was asking questions.

"Well, Mitsuki. The hatred between humans and snakes is not a new thing. The two sides always had daggers drawn since they first met. Sometimes, humans had lost and were tortured and sometimes it's us."

"But why? Why does everyone hate each other so much? Why can't we live in peace?"

"These questions have no answers, Mitsuki. Everyone is trying to find the answers but they just can't. Emotions, thoughts, and beliefs are beyond a reason."

"..."

Log stroked his hair as a response to his little brother's silence. He knew how upset Mitsuki was about being imprisoned here, and he knew it was hurting him. If he could, he would give him the freedom he desired. But he couldn't...