Taj Mahal Tour Itinerary

Agra, India, is a popular travel destination because it is home to the Taj Mahal, a symbol of love and devotion to God. During the reign of the Mughal emperors, it served as the seat of government; later, Delhi would replace it as the capital. However, the taj mahal tour packages is not the only attraction in Agra; the city is also home to the Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri, and two World Heritage sites recognised by UNESCO. From Delhi, most visitors take a short train ride to the historic city of Agra. Even though it may not seem possible, you can see Agra's highlights in a single day with careful planning.

Schedule for a Day in Agra

9:30 am – Taj Mahal

The Taj Mahal was built as a memorial to Mumtaz, Shah Jahan's beloved third wife. The Taj Mahal was built as a memorial to Mumtaz after her death in 1631. Top attractions include a prayer hall, museum, monument, and garden. At dawn or after dark, when the moonlight is shining, is when you should come here. It will take about two hours to see everything and only 17 minutes to get to the Taj Mahal from Agra. A personal vehicle or taxi is the most convenient means of transportation to get there.

11:30 am – Visit the Red Fort of Agra

Located on the western side of the Yamuna River, the Red Fort of Agra is a popular tourist attraction. Covering an area of about 94 acres, the fort is surrounded by a fortification wall that measures 21.4 metres in height. The Taj Mahal is located two kilometres to the northwest. The Agra Cantt Railway station is only 4.7 kilometres away and is open daily from sunrise to sunset.

1:30 pm – Sikandra

Nearly ten kilometres separate Sikandra from Agra. Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Jainism, and Buddhism represent Akbar's mausoleum at Sikandra. Akbar's son Jahangir finished the construction of his father's tomb in 1613.

2:30 – Lunch at the Itimad-Ud-Daulah Tomb

Based on the design of the Taj Mahal, the Itimad-Ud-Daulah Tomb was built. Located on the banks of the Yamuna, this mausoleum honours Mir Ghiyas Beg, a minister in Shah Jahan's court. It's situated 3 kilometres north of Agra Fort.

5:00 p.m. – Samadhi of Soamiji Maharaj

Samadhi, also known as Soamiji Maharaj, is situated on the Yamuna. In 1875, Soamiji Maharaj entered this world in panni Gali. It's a 7-kilometre drive from Agra Fort, but well worth it.

6:00 p.m. – Mankameswar Temple

The ancient Mankameshwar Temple is one of many Shiva shrines in India. Lord Shiva is said to have fashioned the Shiva Linga in the temple when Krishna was born in Mathura, as recounted in Hindu mythology. Only dhotis and saris, the traditional garb of India, are permitted. Most devotees worship Lord Shiva on Mondays throughout the Sawan month because that day is considered auspicious. There is a train station 5 kilometers away in Agra Cantonment, and Agra Fort is only 1 kilometer away.

Conclusion

Since this is the best time for tourists to visit Agra, the city sees a surge in visitors. All the sights and sounds of the city are within easy reach, and you won't have to worry about getting sick or tired. But you should book your hotel ahead of time because it can get busy during this time. In February, the world celebrates the Taj Mahotsav festival. Make your own agra day tour packages vacation plans.