Prologue - NiHiL

WARNING: Contains major spoiler from Honkai: Star Rail.

.

.

------------------------------------------------------------

.

The desperate soul of "Zetsubōsha" who was forcibly evicted from her world without any possible way to return. She arrived into a void of nothingness.

"Is this how, it ends?..."

...

.
.
.
...

Empty and quiet...

...

.
.
.
...

Nothing truly changed...

.
.
.
...

.
.
.
...

.
.
.
...

.
.
.
...

Eons passed since then, her appearance didn't change, it stays as if time never moved. Along with that, she met a soul, listlessly wandering across the sea of neverending stars. It had separated from its flock. Straying further from the path of samsara.

Two souls grew fond of each other, forming a relationship, not a romantic one, but a pure relationship without any worldly desires. They both shared the same view.

But unfortunately, like embers being slowly snuffed out, she realized that her time was running out. Her soul slowly vanished from the existence.

With this inevitable situation, she left a parting gift for the soul...

"Thank you for accompanying me. But it seems like... my time has come. I apologize for not being able to stay with you for any much longer" she spoke with a hint of sadness.

But like everything, eventually things will come to an end, "With this, I will hand this body over to you. I shall give you life, a second chance. I hope you can be luckier than before."

The soul of the 'Zetsubōsha', the 'Self-Annihilator', the 'Despaired one' was no more, she disappeared into the nothingness... there's no Raiden Bosenmori Mei...

Raiden Bosenmori Mei has since long gone. She have finally found her true meaning, now it's time for this soul to find theirs...

.

.

.

*****

.
.
.

He opened his eyes, the void and darkness left his vision, and at the same time vague memories began to intrude his mind. The deafening sound of thunder had broken his train of thought. With a blow from reality he finally came down to his senses.

It was raining heavily, with raging winds that blows everything in its way. Looking around, a thunder had struck somewhere nearby. But that's not what he had in mind previously.

A tall and slender body, a long thin object, a sword? It's placed under his left elbow, hanging on the waist, a rather short white and purple jacket that somehow also long at the same time. But some thing had attracted his attention, that thing should not be there...

Covered by a black crop top, two lumps of mountains interrupting his view down below.

He sighed, "Is this what death feels like?" He said monotonously. "?..." The voice that came out from his mouth was that of a woman. For the first time in his life, something managed to surprise him.

Sighing again, he looked around to find a puddle or some kind of reflective surface nearby. If there's nothing to do, might as well to know what on earth happened to his body.

He noticed one, a small pond hidden beneath a rock formation, he walked towards it, despite the strong wind made it hard for him to approach the puddle. This body is surprisingly strong enough to withstand the wind in the first place. So he didn't need to struggle like before.

Thanks to the rocks blocking the rain from entering the pond. He can finally get a look on his current appearance. Behind the reflections, purple hair and indigo eyes greets him. She looks somehow familiar. But when did he saw her?

Purple hair, indigo eyes... White and purple jacket... A pair of black boots with differing heights... Left hand covered with a black glove, while the right one gets covered by a metallic glove?

The person behind that reflection was none other than Acheron, from a video game he used to play back then as a teen. Though unfortunately he stopped playing video games once the harsh truth of reality hits him. By then life had becoming meaningless for him.

Why did he live? For what purpose? What purpose does he have when there are literally millions that could replace him in society? Even if he were to gone, nothing will change.

...

That was also when something had finally clicked in his mind, "Reincarnation huh?" He or to be precise she now. Never expected a plot device for story books and fantasy she had read in the past to be actually real.

She lets out a light chuckle, "Perhaps, this might be interesting after all." Though, she never smiled when saying that. The excitement just died out after a while. It's like a void...

Realizing there's no other thing to do. She decided to walk away, despite the heavy rain. It's not like its bothering her in the first place. She just like rains, especially stormy rain.

"Hmm?..." A sound of something(?) someone(?) thumping on the ground caught her attention. Moving her head towards her left. She found a bunch of weird looking creatures.

Their small and round bodies intrigued her. Bright cyan colours followed by two glowing eyes stared at her.

"A Slime?" Not just an ordinary slime, it's none other than the anemo slimes from... "Genshin?" Looking around again. She could only notice fields, trees, small canyons and mountains whenever she look.

"Acheron in Genshin Impact... Huh..." A thought that occured in her mind. The sudden appearance of the anemo slime have helped her knowing where she's currently.

Looking back at the slime. There was no slime, she looked around again to find any clue- "ah, they ran away." The sight of small cyan dots getting further reached her vision.

If there's nothing to do, she should leave this place. With the anemo slime she could conclude that she's currently somewhere near Monstadt. And judging from the heavy rain and growling in the sky...

Better to stay away from meaningless conflict. Afterall it has nothing to do with her.

"Now... Where to go?"

.
.
.
...

.
.
.
...

[TO BE CONTINUED]

A/N: No, I didn't draw this.