ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 9 - ʜᴀʟғ-ʙᴀᴋᴇᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍs *.✧

———

———

"WHERE ARE YO—HOLY SHIT, ARE YOU CRYING?"

Free's arm instantly went to cover up his eyes, but he didn't move from the grassy grounds he was laying on.

He thought he was alone—finally someplace secluded where he can be as anguished as he desired to fulfill his empty heart's content. The abrupt voice coming from the direction of his feet let out a sudden jump from his individual, making his heart skip a beat.

Footsteps neared, crunching the grass underneath its steps.

Previously, he had stared up at the sky and or threw Fafnir up in the air and catching them. The deer would occasionally pass by, but their visits have dwindled now that a gloomy atmosphere had taken over.

The golden one recognized the voice immediately.

Silas Karlisle.

What does he want now?

"That arm of yours does not cover the wet patches on your face—" the green one advances towards Free—who was mumbling something that Silas could not make out under his breath.  "light reflects from water, y'know?"

"I graduated high school," he muttered. "of course I know that."

"Well, I don't like to generalize graduates." Silas replies, taking a seat on the trimmed blades of green beneath him.

...

"Why're you here?" Free asked quietly.

"I wanted to check up on you," Silas responded.  His fingers tapped the earth in a slow, rhythmic motion.

Free felt the vibrations from his fingertips through the soil.

He lifted his arm from his face before resting it directly perpendicular to his body, creating a somewhat starfish.

       The golden one inhaled deeply, slowly exhaling the sweet air.

       "You haven't been in your room in a few days." he began, tilting his head back up to watch the sky with his companion.  "Everyone's getting worried about you.  I thought I might find you out here though."

"I can't seem to sleep in my room anymore," Free said faintly. All his energy has been drained.  "It's just...not the same anymore."