one

My family's always been a hockey family, My two older brothers Jackson and Riley are both signed of contracts for the Boston Bruins.

My twin brother Danny was just drafted to the New Jersey Devils. Dad and mom both and hockey and thats how they met. Then theres me, yea I still play hockey but it's not the hockey my family likes.

play field hockey for the New Zealand women's team and have been playing for them since 2019.

Fast forward to today i'm sitting on Danny's floor helping him pack for his move to New Jersey. "Danny you don't need 7 hoodies you realise when you come home you get some more" "Yea but I don't what the weather will be like over there" He replies.

Danny finished his packing and the Jameson family was lights out at 11.

I woke up at around 8 so I sat on my phone for a bit before I decided to get up and go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. I went downstairs to the kitchen and I obviously lost track of how long I was on my phone for because Danny was in the kitchen with his bags and mum and dad were out the door.

"you're leaving right now?" I said realising what was happening "mhm, come on give me a hug" Danny says in a quiet voice. I take the offer right and and i'm squeezed in a tight hug "i'm gonna miss you so much" I mumble in the hug "I'll text you as much as I can ok, I promise Hattie"

I helped him with his bags and wave goodbye to the car as they drove out of the driveway. I felt my heart sink, Theres no other siblings in the house i'm an only child now. I go back upstairs and get changed for practice and grab my bag, fill up my drink bottle and hop in my car.

Normally at practice i'm focused and into the drills but today i'm dazed and zoned out, I can't seem to focus. I keep getting yelled at for missing goals and messing up drills but I just can't keep my mind off my brothers.

That practise dragged on and on I mean I couldn't even keep myself engaged in Allies conversation which is so rare because I love shit talking with Allie.

The rest of the night was kind of a blur I just drove home and got straight into bed.