Prologue

The night sky was cloudy and a dirty yellow, swallowing up the brilliant lights of the city in the oncoming sand from the north. His breaths came out in little white clouds, reminding Jungkook that the nights still got cold and that spring was just beginning.
They had left the busier part of the Hangang Park by now, sprinting down the lawn, far away from the jogging and bicycle tracks.

Kwon was running between a group of trees and jumping over a low fence, vanishing in the dark.

„I just want to talk to you!" Jungkook yelled strained and heard a vague response. But he couldn't make it out, because it was lost in the wind.
„Stupid fucker," he growled, jumping easily over the fence and down to the river beach.

Jungkook could see the silhouette of Kwon down on the beach, trying to make an exit over the sand. But it seemed, Kwon hadn't thought about how much more difficult it was to run in the sand. Jungkook could hear his strained breathing up to the boundary between lawn and beach.

„What an idiot," Jungkook mumbled to himself while sprinting along the lawn, catching up to Kwon in no time, who got slower and slower with rising exhaustion.

„Kwon," Jungkook yelled down. „I just want to talk."
„Fuck....off....Je..on....," Kwon pressed out and tried to regain more speed.

Jungkook was close to rolling his eyes. He was annoyed. He was actually fucking livid. He was hungry and he actually had a date with his boyfriend, whom he hadn't seen in a week. And he was here, in this fucking park at night, chasing an informant, that suddenly chose to run after one minor question.

„Oh, fuck it..." Jungkook growled and hit the sand, crossing the beach at a rapid speed, ready to tackle Kwon to the ground. He zeroed in on Kwon like a missile, when Kwon suddenly stumbled and hit the ground with a thump.

Jungkook slowed down to a walk and pulled a small LED flashlight from his hidden holster, illuminating the night in bright white light.
It was a grotesque scene that suddenly emerged in front of him.

Kwon was lying on his side moaning in pain and holding his knee, he had hit the ground with.

In front of Jungkook were several sandcastles, linked through a long but flat castle mound. Kwon had broken through that, but instead of the beach ground, there was a plait jacket between the towers visible and an arm. The beam of his flashlight wandered up and down the sandcastles, taking everything in. There were some seashells pressed in the sand for decoration. And daisy flowers.

„What the fuck...," he mumbled irritated.

Kwon was sitting up, his gaze following the beam of light and looking straight at the jacket. „Oh my god," he yelled suddenly, when he realized what he saw. He was scooting backwards on his hand and feet like a crab, until he hit Jungkook's legs and grabbed onto his calves, terrified. „There is a body!" he yelled again, pointing at the half destroyed line of sculptured sand.

„No, shit, Kwon," Jungkook said sarcastically and pulled his phone out, ready to call it in. He said goodbye to his date with Taehyung.