Chapter 2.) - The Speech

Lux

I woke up the next morning to the smell of bacon. I sat up in bed, releasing a tired yawn from my lips. As I blinked sleep away from my eyes I noticed I was alone, in a empty bed. Cameron's side of the bed was neatly made and the clock on my night stand read 10:30am. I pushed the blankets off my body and got out of bed. I slipped my feet into my feather soft slippers and tied my night robe around myself.

As I walked down stairs, the smell of bacon growing stronger. When I walked into the kitchen I saw the maid cooking as Cameron sat at the table with Jay on his lap. "Morning Mrs. Jackson." The maid smiled as I took a seat at the end of the table that could seat 30 people comfortably. I simply nodded at her to acknowledged her greeting. The maid set a plate of food in front of Cameron and Jay. They ate bacon, eggs, waffles, and toast.

I was given my normal breakfast as usual; Low fat yogurt with a lemon water.

After breakfast Cameron and Jay went to the park. I took this alone time as a chance to do what I usually do when I'm left alone; workout for an hour, filled out contracts, set up meetings, and for fun I ordered a new briefcase off line.

By the time Cameron and Jay got back it was time for our banquet. I had already gotten dressed. I wore a red, floor length, backless Valentino dress with black Louis Vuitton heels.

As I waited for Cameron to get dressed I sat in the living room and checked my makeup.

"Hi."

I looked down to see Jay at my feet. "Hello." I said with the same blank expression I wore 24/7. She didn't respond, she just stared back at me with the same eyes we shared from genetics.

"You ready?" Cameron asked as he jogged downstairs in a similar suit he wore yesterday, except he wore a red button up shirt that matched my dress. "Yes." I said standing, brushing away any wrinkles in my dress. "See you later bud, be good for Terra." Cameron said to Jay as the maid picked her up, placing her on her hip. "Okay Daddy." Jay giggled as Camron tickled her belly.

After Jay said her good nights, Terra carried her up stairs to bed. I followed Cameron out the door and to the car moments later.

At the banquet I hung off Cameron's arm and posed for the paparazzi. I made sure we looked like the perfect married couple. As the night went on it was time for Cameron to give his speech. He walked up to the podium and looked out over the crowd.

"Good evening." He said in his charming voice he mastered over the years. "I would like to thank you all for being such great coworkers and investors that helped me build this company up from the grounds of Atlanta. But as we move on towards the future, I would like to also let everyone know about my beautiful wife, Lux." Cameron gestured to me.

I smiled as the crowd Awwwed. "And just as she is beautiful she is heartless, stubborn, evil, and cruel." As he went on with his speech my smile fades away. "Me and lux have drifted so far away it had pulled me to file for divorce." He said as if it broke his heart. But it was me who felt as if a knife had been plunged through my chest.

I stood from my seat that sat front row. Everyone looked at me with pity in there eyes. I picked up the hem of my dress and ran out the building.

I snatched the keys from the valley and jumped into the car. I sped out of the parking lot and onto the highway. Tears fell from my eyes and my breathing was uneven. The faster my tears fell the harder I pressed my foot on the gas.

As I was stopped at a red light I saw a tow truck speeding up on me. He wasn't slowing down. Before I could react the back of the my car was rammed. My head smashed through the window as glass shattered everywhere around me.

My body felt as if it were on fire. My started to close, no matter how hard I tried to keep them open. The feeling of darkness quickly consumed me.

I guess this is how I will die......

***********************
So what y'all think?

I suggest you read the first book of you haven't. Might be a little confusing if you haven't.

Don't forget to; LIKE, VOTE, & COMMENT.

P.S. Jay is a girl. picture is of Cameron.