Night Five: Until Nothing Remains

This was it. The big day. The final act. Michael was a bit unsure about what was supposed to happen. He looked at the characters he had up. It actually saddened him that he would have to shut down his restaurant today. He had to admit there was something fun about running a pizzeria that kids would have fond memories of. But, all good things must come to an end, and this was the end of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza Place. He placed a sign on the front entrance that said "Closed for renovations" and went into the back rooms, shutting the security doors behind him.

He turned on his computer and went through his tasks for the day. He knew that the animatronics would probably be fighting each other again, but he would still keep his eyes and ears open for any trouble on its way to him.

Afton was exploring the room, wondering where Leo had gone. He was his most dogged pursuer by far, so for him to simply disappear was strange. He kept moving until he saw Burntrap standing in the doorway in front of him.

"Hello, William..." He said.

Afton turned to see Lefty behind him, then looked to Burntrap. He was trapped and he knew it.

"So... Is this where we end this..?" He asked. "If you're going to ask why I killed those children and if I regret it, then save your breath... I have nothing to regret... What I did was leave a dark legacy behind that will persist for many years... They merely acted as the catalyst for my plans... Even you, Charlotte..."

Lefty glared at the one armed rabbit. It had been a long time since it had heard that name, but it hated Afton with a burning passion.

"You don't get to say that name." It said angrily. "You killed me that day. In the alley where we were all found. I never got to be in my teens. I never got to grow up. You robbed me of those joys!"

"And yet you live on as a disembodied spirit possessing the very thing that was designed to keep you safe..." Afton said casually. "No wonder you did so poorly at trying to stop me..."

"And what about killing me..? Your own brother..." Burntrap said calmly. "Do you regret that..? Looking at you now, I think you do... Your soul is now trapped in that suit... Possessing your own corpse because you refuse to accept your due..."

"My one regret is that it was you who killed me, Brian..." Afton seethed. "I had survived for thirty years until Fazbear's Fright... But in the end, what you did was give me exactly what I yearned for... You helped make me what I am now, little brother... Do you regret that..?"

"No..." Burntrap replied. "The others were freed, but I chose to stay here until you finally paid for all of your misdeeds in your life... If I could go back in time to that moment, I would do it all over again... Because hearing your agonized screams was music to my ears... And seeing your blood stain the floor was cathartic to me... You suffered, as I had suffered... And I relished it..."

Afton was stunned to hear that. But he quickly grew angry at the sentiment. As he had trapped his brother in the Spring Bonnie suit, he was trapped in one as well. The pain of his body being perforated by the metal endoskeleton inside it. But to add insult to injury, Springtrap had also cut off his left arm at the elbow.

"We're both trapped in these suits William..." Burntrap added. "Our souls are forced to forever be in conflict with one another... This is the Afton Curse... We will never be free... We will never rest... Until you are finally dragged down to hell and punished for eternity... This is my promise to you, William Afton... And I will stand by it..."

Afton began to chuckle which made Lefty upset and slightly puzzled Burntrap.

"Did something I say amuse you..?" He asked.