Chapter 5

I put the hood of my favorite sweater over my head. I probably made it even worse for Harry to notice me.

He was the one who bought me that sweater. It was for my birthday last year. It was also neon orange and that means it was really bright and noticeable.

I rushed to the cafeteria and quickly grabbed a small bag of chips and a Sprite.

I ran to the table farthest to the back.

I knew he was looking for me.

I looked up slowly.

I saw Harry walking towards me.

Oh fuck.

He sat down.

"Ari what's wrong? Why are so mad at me?" He asks.

"Nothing just please don't talk to me." I say.

"Ari come on tell me!" He said getting impatient.

I rolled my eyes.

"Ari tell me I'm not letting this go."

I was getting angry.

"Well maybe I'm mad because I can't be best friends with someone who had sex with their own stepmother!" I shouted.

Everyone turned and looked at me.

After that, I immediately broke. Now everyone thought I was crazy and now Harry is probably humiliated.

"I gotta go." I say in a shaky voice.

I ran to my locker with tears running down my face.

"What did I just do?" I whispered to myself.

I hated Harry right now but now everyone knew about his secret.

I leaned against my locker.

More tears streamed down my face.

Harry came around the corner and saw me crying.

He sat next to me.

"Okay you know," he said. "Can you give me a chance to explain? I promise all truth."

I nodded slowly.

"Fine." I say wiping a falling tear.

"So, remember that party last year at Sammy's? The one where Gabe literally forced alcohol down everyone's throat?"

I nodded once more.

"He gave me 3 shots of vodka...and that night I brought some home when she picked me up and she had a few too. We were both drunk Ari. It happened and she doesn't even remember. Then I told Mya about it and she was pissed. But she got over it. Now since this is all happening, I'm fucked Ari. I wish I just had a way out of this!" He said elbowing the locker behind him.

I felt really bad now.

I should've let him explain what happened in the first place.

Otherwise I wouldn't feel guilty about this. I feel horrible. I needed to help him.

Somehow.