He's Not Real, He Can't Be

It was just a normal evening for you, chilling out on your bed with your laptop in your lap scrolling through YouTube. You were watching a bunch of Markiplier and JackSepticEye. Okay, mostly Mark, but whatever. You scrolled up to his most recently posted videos and found a new Drunk Five Nights At Fuckboys Episode. You loved that series so much it hurt, every episode you watched sent you into a pile of laughter that made you fall off of your bed and onto your butt most of the time. Plus, Mark tends to be extremely goofy when he's drunk, what's there not to like? You clicked on it and got through the whole video trying not to fall off of your bed, which was good. Up right until right before the end.

Your laptop automatically shut down first, then all the lights in your apartment went down.

"What the-" You looked around the darkness of your room, setting down your laptop next to you. Your first instinct was to get up and look out the window to make sure this wasn't a huge city blackout. You got up and peeked through the curtains, seeing that the city was still bright and alive as ever. You then opened your window to look at the neighbors windows. Their lights were on too.

"Okay, what the hell?" You thought out loud. You went back and tried to find your phone that was somewhere on your bed. After fumbling for about a minute, you gave up and face planted into one of your pillows and groaned out of frustration.

It did stay dark for a few minutes, which started to make you worry. And, right as you were about to go out and ask the landlord about what happened, all the lights came back on.

"Hmm?" You looked around, blinking your eyes from the sudden brightness. Your gaze went right to your computer, which was booted up as well, paused right before the DFNAF episode was about to end. Okay, that was weird. You walked over and sat down, placing back your laptop in it's original spot on your lap. You refreshed the page and went to your sub box. Another video from Mark came up, but he looked, different.

The video had no name and the thumbnail was composed of Mark staring into the camera, grinning like a madman. Everything around and behind him was engulfed in black. Of course, you got curious and clicked on the video.

It started with Mark facing down, his hair messed up and top of his head facing towards the camera. It had no sound and the video quality was all static. Mark, wha...

The first thirty seconds passed and Mark finally started to move, slowly lifting up his face to look into the camera. His face was disheveled and hair worse than you thought. His glasses were tilted to one side of his face. As his full face came into view, unease filled you. He just stared for a few seconds before letting an unnatural smile creep onto his face. His eyes looked negative, what were supposed to be his whites were completely black and his irises were a bright white. He was so pale and looked almost grey.

His low, static like chuckling broke the silence and filled your ears. Five seconds went by and the video ended.

"... What. The. Actual. Frick?" You said silently at the black screen. You felt very uneasy and scared, and tried to go on any other social media to try to help you feel better, but nothing worked. Ten minutes on Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr hasn't helped and the unease wouldn't go away. You decided to take another look at the video, but when you checked, it was gone. Puzzled, you went to see if there was any evidence of it on anything else. Absolutely nothing came up.

"Okay, um, what? A-Am I dreaming or something?" You asked yourself.

"Well but of course not."A deep, low voice rang out through your room.

"Ah!" You practically fell off of your bed, eyes searching frantically for the source of the voice. "Wait, What?! Who's there?!"

"I think you know the answers to your own questions, my dear." There it was again. It was nowhere to be seen, but it sounded like it was everywhere. You stood up and searched around your room. The lights were starting to flicker, your laptop was already dead, and you were beginning to panic.