Chapter 17

LUKA'S POV

The sound of her startled gasp pushes me into motion and I run past all around me to catch her fragile little body. Rae falls into my arms in a heap and screams out in pain. Her back is drenched in blood and the claw marks stretch diagonally from her right shoulder to her left hip, but from what I'm seeing Willow didn't claw her deep enough to hit her spine or vital organs. Thank the Goddess.

"Rae? Rae can you hear me? Rae it's going to be ok. I promise you, you're going to get better. Relax my little angel, just relax." I try my best to calm her with soothing words as she sobs and sobs in pain. What the hell is wrong with Willow? How the hell could she do such a thing? And just like that my anger triples. My wolf charges forward and takes complete control. I feel my eyes literally blacken and my canines and claws elongate.

FEMALE!

His voice booms across the empty training field. Ralph stops attacking Willow's arm that clawed Rae leaving a deep gash and teeth marks everywhere.  All of my family and Rae's family step away slowly. Each step my wolf takes towards Willow causes more anger to surge through us. I can feel just how mad he is as our body is literally vibrating in rage.

Did I not warn you? And yet you dare harm her? You dare lay a hand on her? You have drawn blood from her body and expect no retribution? Oh but you are not safe. You are not safe from me. I shall do the same. I will show you what it feels to be clawed in the back. I will make sure you never forget the pain you inflicted on her.

He stalks closer to Willow until we're almost face to face. I've never felt such anger before, even with the attack... it's never been this intense before. Fear begins to rise in spite of the anger at what my wolf may do to my baby sister. Sure she was in the wrong to hurt Rae like that but right now I don't think he even sees her as his sibling... he sees her as a threat. I push through the haze of rage and force him back.

"Wi-Willow. G-Get away. G-Get aw-away... NOW!" I can barely get the words out of my mouth as my wolf is adamant on teaching Willow a lesson. Father is quick to take Willow away from me and straight into the pack house. I take a few breaths to calm him down but it's not working, it's making it worse. I can't hold on much longer as he slams me to the back of my mind and shifts on the spot. A thunderous roar pierces through the air so loudly that everyone has to cover the ears in shock. Turning back to the pale and almost lifeless seeming body of Raelynn another roar barrels out of us in pure rage. I watch as Ralph licks at the side of her face gently trying to keep her awake. His whimpers set us off and we shoot through the field and into the woods. My emotions feel so intensified with my wolf and the pain of seeing Rae hurt becomes a never-ending stab through my chest.

We should have taught her a lesson. My wolf growls his anger and I continue running. If I can run out my frustrations and anger then I will be able to get back to Rae faster. Jumping over logs and dashing through trees I feel the energy humming through my body. Spotting an old tree a few yards away I charge right towards it and topple it over. As it thuds to the ground I jump on top of it and begin tearing it apart. My wolf takes great enjoyment in shredding the trees to bits. It's better to take its anger out on an inanimate object rather than my sister.

Twelve trees later and I am ready to gain full control. I have to race back to Rae's side in fear she may have gotten worse. When I see the clearing and nobody is there I shift my direction to the pack hospital. Not even halfway to the building and I can smell her scent, her blood. It pushes me to go faster. Everything around me is a blur as I continue my sprint towards her. As people begin to come into my line of sight, I know I'm there. I see my friends waiting outside anxiously and a few pack members waiting around as well. Dave and Jo are outside too. I shift quickly and grab the shirt and shorts Dave throws at me.