Rain

You couldn't get to sleep that night, so you went outside to admire the stars. Unfortunally the stars were covered by huge black clouds towering over you. You had just gotten comfortable in the grass reading your favorite book by the glowing porch light, when you feel a drop of water hit your face. You smile, look up at the dark sky, and lie down in the grass letting the rain wash your face. You close your eyes and listen to the silent wind become a growing yell of fury and the quiet pitter patter of the rain become bullets falling from the sky. But you lie there and listen. Really listen. You can hear the water hit the ground and it splattering into a million tiny droplets. In a matter of minutes your hair is soaked and your clothes damp. But you stay there, enjoying every second of it. The rain continues its surprise visit and you ever so slowly slip into a deep dream. But this dream is different. It's too real to be a dream. The rain. It burns like acid. You run as fast as you can into the house and lock the door as if that will help prevent it from getting in. You hear a ear piercing scream coming from the living room. As you turn the corner you see three children staring at the ceiling with terror. Who are these children? You live alone. Your eyes follow their gaze and what you see terrifies you. A long, thin, dark hand reaches through the burns in the ceiling, picking up the children one by one. What's going on? You're 17 and you live alone? This can't be true. Who are these kids? Suddenly a face pushes through your clouded mind. You instantly recognize her as your mother. Why couldn't you remember before? These children are your brothers and sisters. The hand reaches in a last time and picks you up by your waist. You open your mouth to scream but it's holding you too tight. The best you can manage is a horse "a". You try to pry the fingers from your waist. You can feel your ribs concave. The pain is unbearable. It's a pain you could never will upon another being. The world around you begins to turn dark as the pain takes over. You can't feel your limbs. You can't move. Your body becomes limp, never to move again.