1

Jake wasn't sure what to do anymore. He felt hopeless. Exasperatedly slumped upon his bed, his eyelids grew heavy however they refused to close and grant him peace. His mind was rushing; it overwhelmed him with negativity. He shouldn't have been so careless, back at Drew's place.. Jake wasn't even sure why he had spat all those cruel things- the others there had manipulated him. He was too uneasy and disappointed regarding Daisy to think.

Atleast, that's what Jake wanted to believe. Deep down, he knew that was the true reason. However, upon the surface, the boy solely blamed himself.  It was his fault. His fault for letting himself sink that low. His fault for being so careless. Jake let out a miserable groan, tugging at his dusty blonde hair impatiently and rolling over onto his back to stare at the bland ceiling.

He'd betrayed the music club and snapped at his friend group. He felt truly alone. It felt like he was in middle school. No friends, nobody to comfort or reassure you. Just himself and his empty pit of a heart. What was he supposed to do now? His reputation was ruined. He couldn't even walk through the halls without being rudely stared at, without hearing ominous whispers which ridiculed his every move. Jake wasn't sure how long he'd be able to deal with this. Maybe he shouldn't bother trying to deal with it. Maybe, just maybe, it would be better if he just-

" Heyy!! Jakeeeee!! "

Milo, his younger brother, burst into his room uninvited with a mischievous grin plastered across his face. He glanced at his sulking older brother and narrowed his eyebrows, letting out a small scoff. Jake scrambled to sit up as Milo entered the room, clearing his throat to let out a short greeting.

" Your boyfriend's at the door! Go answer it already! "

Jake tilted his head in both confusion and annoyance.

" I've told you, I don't have a girlfriend or a boyfriend. "

He sighed and stood up, slightly anxious at who could be wanting to see him. Despite the nervous feeling in his chest, Jake forced a smirk as he playfully shoved his brother away from the door to make his way through. He ignored Milo's high-pitched, vengeful squeals as he wandered down the stairs and towards the front door.

Jake exhaled worriedly, slapping his face repeatedly to try and wake himself up. He'd been lacking energy lately, it was difficult to perform daily tasks at this point. Furrowing his eyebrows, he clenched the door handle and swung it open- more forceful than he had wanted.

There, on the porch, stood a slightly startled, pink-haired male with his arms crossed, staring up at Jake's dull eyes.

It was Drew.