2013, Christmas Eve

" Here, I have something for you."

Chan gave Felix a small package. It was wrapped in blue and white striped paper with a red bow on top.

"Ooh what's that?"
The smiling boy took the gift and started to unwrap it.
Inside was a cute little box. The middle of its top was transparent, so he was able to see what was inside.

"Macarons?"

"Have you ever tasted them?"

Felix shook his head.

"It's a French dessert, they're very sweet, with a cream in the middle. You like baking, right? I thought this might be something you can try to make one day."
Chan smiled at his younger friend.

"Thank you, I will try.”
He offered one of the pastel pink macarons to his friend while biting in one by himself.
So sweet! And what was that, strawberry filling?

The brown white dog in Chan's lab also smelled the sweets and looked at Felix with big, dark and round eyes.

”Oh, Berry wants to try one, too!”
The smaller boy petted the dog’s head.
“No, Berry, this is not for dogs. But you are lucky, I brought something for you, too!”

He pulled a box out of the pocket of his jacket and gave it to the elder. “Here, cheese crackers for Berry. I made them by myself.”

Yes, Felix had made tiny, heart shaped dog crackers.
It seemed like the boy put love in literally everything he did.

"Thank you, Felix! Wanna give one to Berry?"
The younger nodded and held one little heart in front of the dog's mouth.
Berry snuffled, then quickly took the treat and chewed it like it was a huge one.
"She seems to like them!"
Felix smiled from one ear to the other. "I'm glad she does."

This year it didn’t snow as much as the past years in Christmas time, but still everything was covered with a thin layer of snow. The small pond wasn’t even frozen this time.
After a while of just sitting there and petting Berry, Felix’ voice broke the comfortable silence.

"Hey, Channie?"

"Hm?"

"You're in high school, right?"
"Correct. Why?"
"One of my friends will attend high school in summer. Is it scary?"
"Scary? What do you mean?"
"You know, in movies high school always seems like hell."
The older boy seemed amused by the younger's question, but still answered seriously.
"No, it is not like hell. Maybe a little hard in the beginning, because everything is new, but it’s not that bad. What kind of movies do you watch, Felix?"
Chan chuckled and looked at his friend.
"Uhm, Mean Girls for example?
Or Wild Child? Okay Wild Child is about a boarding school not high school, but I love that one though."

The older boy only shook his head.

"You didn't watch them?? Okay Channie, until next year I want you to watch at least ten high school movies. Minimum.
Oh, and watch Wild Child. It's one of my favorite movies.”

"Okay, I will. But in return you have to watch my favorite movie, too."
“Everything for you, hyung. What is it?”
“Do you know Whisper of the Heart?”

Now it was the younger boy’s turn to shake his head.

“It’s a Ghibli movie”, Chan explained.
Since Felix still didn’t seem to know what his friend was talking about, the elder explained further.
“There are some movies Studio Ghibli created, I think you’d like them. Like Kiki’s Delivery Service or Howl’s Moving Castle.
You go watch those movies, while I will watch the highschool tragedies.”
“Not tragedies! High school hell.”
Chan chuckled.
“Okay, hell it is then.”

An ice cold breeze blew in the boy’s faces and played with Berry’s long, curly fur.

“Maybe it’s time to go home, We don’t want to catch a cold, right?”

Felix nodded.
The elder already had realized that Felix was a pretty quiet kid. But when he talked about things he was passionate about he was a hundred percent different, open and full of sunshine.

And like the last two years, again, the two boys and the dog parted ways.

“See you next year, Lix?”

“Yup, see you next year. Merry Christmas, Channie!”

“Merry Christmas.”

~~
Lol this didn't work out the way I wanted, since I deleted everything I planned for this story. I am sorry, but I'll try my best to still make it a nice book.
Anyways, hope y'all listened to Skz-replay???
When I tell you, I cried A LOT

And if u still didn't listen:

Today's  album:
✨SKZ-REPLAY✨
by stray kids (surprise~)

~~
Should I delete the old a/n? Cuz skz replay is literally a year old??
I don't knoow
Do you want new music recommendations?