ˏˋ°8*➷ 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

FLASHBACK

FLASHBACK

December 24, 2017

"I DON'T THINK THEY LOOK RIGHT." Ji-an said as she analyzed the tray of gingerbread man cookies. "I think they need more time. What do you think?"

Seo-jun frowned, leaning over the girl's shoulder to take a look at the cookies laying on the kitchen counter. "Are you sure? They look fine to me. If you put them in the oven again they'll burn."

The cookies had a golden color on the surface, but they were still soft to the touch, making Ji-an wonder if they were ready or not. She had never done ginger cookies before, the last time she had attempted to bake something, things didn't go exactly as planned.

"But they're soft," the girl whined, "aren't ginger cookies meant to be firmer? We need to put them back in the oven." Picking up the tray she moved over to the oven before being stopped by Seo-jun, who stood in her way with his hands placed on the pocket of his gray sweatpants.

"Sweetheart, last year you almost burned the kitchen down trying to bake a cake. I don't trust your judgment." He said, watching the girl's expression turn into an offended look.

"You were the one that wanted to bake a cake, when I clearly told you I was not good at it. But it doesn't even matter because if I recall correctly you loved it. You even tear up a little which is kinda weird now that I think of it.."

Ji-an narrowed her eyes.

She knew her words were true. One of the best things the girl had was her memory. But judging by the boy's look she knew he was hiding something.

"You liked the cake, right?" The Kim girl asked, her voice lowering in a warning tone. A tone that Seo-jun knew all too well. It was her unspoken way of telling him not to lie.

"I- I liked it." He stuttered, his voice going higher in pitch.

"Tell me the truth, Seo-jun."

"I'm not lying, I swear!"

"Han Seo-jun."

Seo-jun groaned, rubbing a hand over his face. "Okay, fine I lied. Happy? That cake tasted horrible. The worst cake I've ever tried in my life. It was hard and too sweet. If I tear up it is because of how bad it tasted." He nervously ranted, waiting for the girl's reaction. His eyes significantly widening as he watched the girl place the tray back on the counter with a smile on her face.

A smile.

Why was she smiling?

This was not the reaction he was expecting. He knew how much the girl hated being lied to. Which meant, her smiling was in fact not a good sign.

She's going to kill me, he thought.

Ji-an grinned, enjoying how anxious the boy looked. That's exactly what she wanted. Slowly, she walked towards the boy, stopping just a foot away from him. Looking down she let out a chuckle, but right as it left her mouth her expression dropped. "You little bitch!" The Kim girl jumped forward, taking a hold of the boy's ear, pulling on it as hard as she could, forcing him to bend down, matching her height.