ꕥ 3 ꕥ

It started snowing when they got to the forest, red and green Christmas lights were wrapped around the trees and unwrapped pieces of Christmas candy paper littered the snowy grass. They started walking deeper and deeper into the woods and looking for the next clue. The group left Hunter and Sophie behind because they were having an argument but they soon caught up with everyone else. Addison and Jace found a tire swing and started having a ball while Evie looked for the next clue. Hunter soon parted from Sophie and started talking with his other friends, leaving Sophie alone with her colorful Jack-in-the-box. Thirty minutes passed and the group still had no luck, but Jace came up with the genius idea to check a wasp nest that's next to him. Despite his friends' protests, Jace eagerly places his hand up the wasp's nest and scavenges around. Immediately the wasps buzz to life and start attacking his hand. For some reason, his theory was true and he found the next clue a few moments later. When he pulled his hand out he had giant red bumps all around his fingers, but also a crumbled green piece of paper.

   It took a while for the letter to be opened. From Jace sniffling in pain to trying to get the prickly substance off the letter. You can understand why it took so long. Once it was opened, it read " Sorry for the wasps, it was hard to find the perfect spot. You know, wasps should ring a bell for you. What about a mascot?" Immediately, the group knew the next location. It was their old elementary school and the place where they all met for the first time. Everyone's mood was sort of lifted on this memory while they were on the way to the car but that quickly dropped when they realized Sophie was missing. Maybe she fell asleep on a tree while Addison was cleansing Jace's wounds? Or she went back to the car? Hunter ran to the car door and aggressively opened it, but Sophie wasn't there. Evie ran back to where they found the wasp's nest and looked for Sophie but she wasn't there either. They Looked everywhere around the forest for Sophie but she was nowhere to be seen. After a while they all went to the car to strategize what they should do next. Addison was going to call the police but was shut down by Evie and Jace who wanted to finish the scavenger hunt. They both agreed that the group could look for Sophie while they drove to their elementary school. With a sigh, Hunter started the engine and headed toward the school.