Chapter 1: Han Soo Hyuk

I grew up having everything I ever wanted; a large house, lots of friends, and better schooling opportunities. The one thing I never had or received though was love. My alcoholic father and cold stepmother sent me to study abroad when I hit 7th grade. I couldn't argue with them because what they were doing was for the good of the company and my future. There was one time when I felt loved not for my money or for my background.

I ran away from home one time when I was 11 years old. My mother had just left me and my father behind. I guess she couldn't take the pressure anymore of always being second behind my dad's mistress. I had escaped the team of bodyguards that had been hired to watch me 24/7. I ran away to a nearby park. I was walking around the paths looking at the cherry blossoms when I started to hear laughing. It was coming from a girl no older than me that was standing right next to me.

"You're dressed too nice to be walking around the park," she said to me. I thought that was a strange comment as I was wearing what I always wore a blue polo shirt, kakis, and LV shoes. I then took this opportunity to look at what she was wearing. She was wearing an old t-shirt, jean shorts and flip flops. This made me reply, "I'm wearing what I always wear, I find your outfit weird as well."

This made the girl start to laugh again. "If you want, we can just hangout and be weird together." 

I laughed at this silly comment as no one had ever called me weird. This comment however didn't make me mad it made me smile and for the first time in a while I felt happy. 

This happiness didn't last very long though, I saw two men in black suits looking around frantically along with a person stumbling around drunk that resembled my father. I soon realised that those men were the bodyguards I had escaped and my father who was drunk once again.

"Young master, we must go now your father is not happy about this," said one of the men.

"Give me a minute to say goodbye." I said. I turned around but the girl I was talking too had disappeared. I don't know why but I felt sad when I turned around and she wasn't there.

2021......................................................................................................................................................Over my time in the United States I was accepted into the Business School at Harvard and I got my bachelors degree. I soon moved to the New York branch of my families company to work as the vice-president, and was working on my MBA at NYU. I lived my life this way for 2 years. 

What seemed like a normal day soon turned my life upside down. I was woken up by a call from my grandfathers secretary.  He had said that my grandfather collapsed and that he most likely would not make it this time and that I was needed at home. I rushed out of bed and started packing my bags and got on the earliest flight to Seoul. As soon as I landed, my chauffeur picked me up and took me to the Hospital my Grandfather was. I talked to the doctor and asked about his condition. The only result I got out of that conversation was disappointment and the request to brace myself for the worst. I soon left the hospital and started the long drive to my families house. It was split into two sections, Cadenza, where I live along with my parents and grandparents; and Rubato, where my youngest uncle, his wife, and son live. After what seemed like forever, I saw Cadenza come into view along with my father, whose been sober since I left for the US, and my step-mother.

"Welcome home," my father said while he hugged me. When he stepped away, I saw my stepmother. I bowed as a sign of respect and she accepted. Walking into the house I felt at peace but I knew something big was about to happen.

"Your room has been cleaned up for you," my stepmother said.

"Thank you," I replied. Walking up the stairs to my room, I made eye contact with a girl in a red blouse and black skirt. Probably one of the maids, I thought. While staring into her eyes that were a deep chocolaty brown, my heart started beating faster and faster. But, as quickly as that moment started it had ended. She tore away her gaze, bowed and gently said,

"Welcome home, Young Master." 

 I was then reminded of where I was and what was expected of me. I accepted her bow and greeting but, for some reason, I didn't like the words "Young Master" coming out of her mouth.

Chapter one is done...............................................................................................................................

Thank you for reading chapter one. :) Please leave comments on what you liked and disliked so I can change anything if necessary. This is my first written piece online so please be nice haha. Chapter two will be coming out soon.