[1] Reconciliation

With this year's annual Hunter exam coming up, Gon's boredom began to defrost like a frozen chicken in the microwave. He spent most of his days watching matches in the Heaven's Arena, sometimes even participating on weekends.

Although his weekdays were usually spent taking up jobs all around, Gon found himself bored this particular Wednesday. Instead of his usual leisurely trip around Yorknew and its surrounding concession shops full of overpriced, Nen-infused treasures.

Spending most of his time at Heaven's Arena, Gon's room has officially become his, like an apartment room whose rent is participating in matches every weekend. Not a bad price for the luxury room he'd been gifted as a Heaven's Arena veteran.

The TV in his room mumbled near-incoherent words about the match occurring in the next fifteen minutes. The aliases of the two opponents seemed familiar but not enough to spark a memory. It was, though, enough to spark fascination and he made his way to the floor arena.

In a distant row, Gon settled in between the crowds of people. What other way to spend an uninteresting Wednesday than attending a match between two supposed veterans. Gon awaited the announcements of the opponents. He knew once he saw them in the arena, he'd kick himself for not realizing sooner. Gon was familiar with just about all of the veterans of Heaven's Arena, and the familiarity of their aliases was proof enough that he probably knew he they were.

He bounced his legs up and down and waited on anticipation.

"Someone's excited." The teenage boy next to him joked. "You a fan of Godspeed or The Magician?"

"I dunno.." Gon trailed, lost in thought. "Actually, I was hoping to remember who these guys are. Supposedly, they're veterans but I can't remember them by name." Gon looked up at him and laughed a bit.

"You..." the boy trailed with widened eyes. "You're Freecss! The almighty, powerful, bestest fighter in all of Heaven's Arena history! I'm, like, your biggest fan and supporter!"

"I dunno about all that.." Gon laughed awkwardly and avoided eye contact. He appreciated the flattery, but he had to admit that it did embarrass him just a smidge.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I've just been watching your fights since I was little little, and I just—Wow." His eyes sparkled ever so and Gon's heart swelled. To him, fighting was a source of fun more than a source of money. His days spent in the arena were a reminder of his youth; an experience that brought back the the joy that he'd lost temporarily. Seeing a kid so excited and inspired by his fights perplexed him in a way. "You look different in person."

"Different how?"

"You're prettier."

"I—You flatter me, really." Gon fiddled with his hair strands. "Um, how about you? Are you a Godspeed fan or a Magician fan?"

"The Magician is fascinating, surely, and I've got documents upon documents on his Nen abilities and overall battle skills, but my personal favorite is Godspeed." He hummed, and as if on cue, the announcer spoke.

The referee at the side of the arena floor cleared her throat and called out into her microphone. Her voice boomed throughout the audiences. "I'm Venus, and I'll be your host for today's most anticipated fight! To my left...The powerful, charming, incredibly handsome Heaven's Arena veteran..! The Magician!"

Gon looked down at the arena, their conversation on hold, and watched as a slim but tall figure emerged from the pink fog. His face dropped to something of wanting to be up and out of the arena, as he recognized the flamboyance of his hair, makeup, and outfits. Of course he had to be attending Hisoka's fight. Fantastic.